Unexpensive toy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpensive toy?

I have been kicking around the idea for a while now and I think I am finally at the point where I want to play around with a windows server. I am pretty sure I do not need anything from it, but I do want to do something just so I can test one out. Suggestions?

Well, if you're only looking forward to play around with a Windows based server in order to learn and understand how to manage it, It'd be a better option to consider a Windows VPS rather than choosing a Windows dedicated server for now. A Windows VPS will give you an idea as to how you can manage a Windows server and as a VPS is almost like a dedicated server with less resources and some restrictions (there are some in comparison to a dedicated server ), it'd be the best solution for you as for now

Please feel free to post if you have any further questions.
    Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
    Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Yeah, If you are looking for affordable test server then you should think of a virtual private server VPS which are similar to dedicated servers but having comparatively less resources. Major advantage of using a VPS is that you have Administrative RDP access for your Windows VPS hence you have total Freedom & Flexibility to play with your server at much cheaper cost.
      Let us know if you need more information related to our hosting solutions.
      UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
      Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by craveo View Post
        I have been kicking around the idea for a while now and I think I am finally at the point where I want to play around with a windows server. I am pretty sure I do not need anything from it, but I do want to do something just so I can test one out. Suggestions?
        Yeah, if you are looking for admin access to your sever then you have an option for a VPS/Semi-dedicated hosting solutions, package selection depends on your requirements & budget.

Comment

VPS would seem to be the best bet for now, I am kicking it around with a few friends of mine. A buddy I used to work with years ago is a totally windows guy, I am a linux freak so we tend to bash heads a little. We are trying to come up with something simple but sturdy that I can poke around with.

Comment

How is Windows VPS differ with Linux VPS? Are the servers different in OS or are the websites made in different platforms? I'm quite confused why there is a Linux and Windows server. What about a Mac VPS, does this server exist as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecob View Post
              How is Windows VPS differ with Linux VPS? Are the servers different in OS or are the websites made in different platforms? I'm quite confused why there is a Linux and Windows server. What about a Mac VPS, does this server exist as well?
              Windows & Linux VPS are totally different OS. Windows VPS operates with Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 OS & Linux VPS operates with CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu & Debian.

Mac OS is not available on vps.
              Regards
              Sam
              Asst. System Admin
              VPS Support Team

Comment

Its pleasant sharing about the hosting

Comment

Working...
                X