Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows hosting control panel :- Plesk or DontnetPanel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows hosting control panel :- Plesk or DontnetPanel ?

When talking about Windows hosting control panels we have two major options like Plesk or DotNetPanel. I haven't tried DotNetpanel yet but have good hands on Plesk. I would like to get your opinion and feedback on DotNetPanel before i go with it.
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard more great reviews on this than plesk.
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Not used it myself, though heard lots of reports about it, some good some bad.

On looking at it, it offers much the same kind of interface as the other control panel interfaces.

Take a look at the demo, more info here .. Try out DotNetPanel online demo!
      Hexo
      -------
      The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

10/10 for DotNetPanel 6/10 for Plesk I don't think there's any other control panel as good as DNP on Windows. If there's cPanel on Linux then there's DNP for windows.
        Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
          10/10 for DotNetPanel 6/10 for Plesk I don't think there's any other control panel as good as DNP on Windows. If there's cPanel on Linux then there's DNP for windows.
          Soon to be cPanel on Windows!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Soon to be cPanel on Windows!
            cPanel on Windows would be interesting and everyone will hope that migration from Windows to Linux would be easier
            Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
            Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

I love Windows, no going back on that one. It's just so flexible to what my requirements are.

Comment

Originally posted by WH-Garry9 View Post
                cPanel on Windows would be interesting and everyone will hope that migration from Windows to Linux would be easier
                Hopefully, but i guess like everything, we'll have to wait and see as there's so many variables that are different between the 2
                Hexo
                -------
                The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

Yeah, Dotnetpanel seems to be promising, i have just gone through few flash tutorials and its demo version !!!

Really its 10/10 having attractive and easy to use GUI. I tried its cron job / scheduled task feature which was very easy to use as compare to Plesk. For those who are looking at Plesk hosting should go with Dotnetpanel hosting....

@WH-Garry
                  Any idea.... when can we see cPanel for Windows beta version !!!
                  Hope it should not be just a dream for all of us. The announcement had promised to released it in 2008 but unfortunately no updates yet !!!
                  UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                  Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by WH-Garry9 View Post
                    i don't think so.

cPanel will take long time to improve their windows version. If you are good with Linux then that doesn't mean you will be good with Windows as well. Some of the best Linux system administrators in world will fail to configure windows firewall on their own.
                    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                      i don't think so.

cPanel will take long time to improve their windows version. If you are good with Linux then that doesn't mean you will be good with Windows as well. Some of the best Linux system administrators in world will fail to configure windows firewall on their own.
                      Development will certainly take time. If Linux System administrators will fail in configuring the firewall in Windows, most of the Windows System administrators will also fail in configuring firewall on Linux
                      Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
                      Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X