Do I need Plesk Power Pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Plesk Power Pack?

Hello There, I am planing to consider the windows dedicated box from yourself and while configuring the server I came across the addon called Plesk Power Pack, which I am completely unaware if I really need to consider it with the server. Can somebody help me understanding the use of Plesk Power Pack?

Hello Fuzone,

Thank you for writing in,
    Plesk Power Pack is an addon feature used to control the MySQL Database from your control Panel and is mandatory to consider this addon if you wish to access your MYSQL from your Plesk control panel.

Regards,
    Rossie

Comment

As I understand those addons are now available with the new plesk version? Can anyone confirm they are using it from plesk now instead of paying extra?

Comment

Yes there is Developer Pack which has support for PgSQL, MSSQL, Tomcat, ColdFusion with some Plesk versions only. It isn't included with all versions though.

Comment

Is this also applicable when choosing Plesk panel with Linux based VPS?

Comment

Yes Plesk power pack can be added to Linux servers too. However the addons wont prove much helpful for a linux based servers.

Comment

Similar to Plesk control panel even Plesk Powerpack is important and very useful. It is useful for those who want to avoid manual installation of addon scripts like Mambo, Joomla, phpbb, oscommerce and etc.
              It also gives ability to add, deploy, configure and remove applications for any domain hosted on your server hence it's highly recommended to have this addon just by paying few ús

Comment

Kindly confirm the price of this addon !! Can we move the license from VPS to a dedicated server in the near furture?

Comment

No I dont think a license move is allowed. VPS and dedicated licenses are priced differently. So you will need to pick a new license for it with the dedicated server.

Comment

Right I confirm the license cannot be moved. With a VPS it will be 5 GBP per month and with a dedicated server it will be 10 GBP per month.

Comment

Working...
                    X