Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux or Windows for eCommerce?

Hello,

I want to launch my site, which is related to online shopping. Which server should I go for? Linux? Windows?

Linux or Windows for eCommerce

To select Windows or Linux depends on some factors like whether you will be making your website based on windows applications like ASP.NET then you will be specifically requiring windows hosting.

So first you need to decide on the website development. Most of the ecommerce softwares are more compatible with Linux as it may be PHP based. One can also make an online shopping windows website if it is developed and configured properly.

Comment

Hello Nimbus,

It's more of a choice basically. As stated by cathey, if your site is developed using any of the Microsoft technologies such as ASP, .Net then you'd have no choice but to opt for a Windows based server. Whereas if it PHP based, then a Linux server should do well.

If you could help us with some details about your exact requirements, we can suggest you with an appropriate OS platform AND a hosting solution.

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

Comment

Hello guys,

Thanks for the reply.

My website is developed in ASP.Net and as per your suggestion, I should to choose Windows server. I just checked for Windows hosting plans on your website.

If suppose, I want to buy customized plan for windows server hosting, do you provide that?

Comment

Hello Nimbus,

What customization are you looking forward to have ? Could you please elaborate us on that ?

Thanks.
          Stan

Comment

Thanks Stan!
            I will get back to you after deciding on certain things.

Comment

Working...
            X