Virtualization application you prefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualization application you prefer

There are various Software and Hardware based Virtualization applications like Virtuozzo, Hyper-V, VM-Ware, Xen. Which one do you prefer and why ?

My vote goes to VMWare. VMWare is a hardware virtualization application and supports Cloud computing. The virtual machines created using VMWare also distribute the CPU resources. It offers more features and is considered to be more reliable in comparison to other virtualization applications.
    Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
    Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Hyper-v is free to use, you can install Windows 2008 OS and VM's can be created. Vmware and Hyper-v both happen to be popular Technologies as far as I know.

Comment

"Application virtualization" may have several meanings. If you just need to give an access to an application out of the box from a web browser (using a streaming technology), there are alternatives to Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft...etc

You have ThinRDP for example, or newcomers like Steemind. Both are very light because there is nothing to install client side, and the latter works on HTML4 browsers.

Comment

I prefer VM-Ware as its a hardware based virtualization platform and its compatible with both Windows and Linux. So you are free to create a VM based on any platform.

Comment

Why is VMware more preferred by people, when big companies like Amazon, GoGrid uses Xen technology on their servers?

Comment

People prefer using VMWare because it is one of the best virtualization platforms. In terms of cloud computing, VMWare provides with the most efficient platform that supports all the applications and hosting solutions. It is one of the most reliable and widely deployed hosting platform.
              WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Web Hosting UKDedicated Server Hosting UK
              Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

Working...
              X