Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Question

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what the minimum SSL level i'd need for a eCommerce site?

The site would mainly rely on 3rd party payment processing (eg PayPal), but may also start processing transactions manually so I need a certificate that would cover both cases.

Also does 1 SSL certificate cover all of my domains on one account? (eg on a cloud server with 10 domains)

Also am i right to assume that support would install this for me when i've made my decision to buy.

Many thanks
    Russell
    My Crowdfunding Page https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gbsaveonfashion-1

Hello Russell,

I will recommend the DomainSSL to you.

This product is designed for customers who operate a small online e-commerce shop, or any website where sensitive information is stored or transmitted.

This product will also come with a site seal, which will increase customer confidence in your website.

Once you order we will install the SSL for you.

Do you mean all domains under one account or all domains on the cloud server?

Comment

I have also sent you an email with more information on SSL.

In case you have any questions, feel free to reply.

Comment

Hello Russell,

As Rachel said, you can opt for the Domain SSL certificate. The equation goes, one SSL certificate per domain(Wildcard SSL for subdomains). If you wish to install SSL certificates on a cloud server with 10 domains, then it will be 10 SSL certificates.

If your eCommerce site rely on 3rd party payment processing ie a Third-party merchant account, then you wont be need any SSL certificate because all sensitive personal information is entered on the third-party providerís server and it is responsible for securely handling it. PayPal, Google Checkout and Amazon Payments are a few well known third-party service providers.

The third party payment processors have their own security measures installed within their system so you needn't worry about. But yes, if you start processing transactions manually, which involves accepting confidential client information then you should definitely get an SSL onto the domains.

If you intend to purchase an SSL Certificate from us, you need not pay for a dedicated IP, moreover the installation part would be taken care by us.

Comment

Thank you Rachel and Stan for your feedback.

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
          Do you mean all domains under one account or all domains on the cloud server?
          I meant all domains on the cloud in the original post , which was answered by Stan
          If you wish to install SSL certificates on a cloud server with 10 domains, then it will be 10 SSL certificates.
          Just out of interest would a Domain SSL cover all sub domains too ? (eg mysite.com/shop1, mysite.com/shop2 etc)

Many Thanks
          Russell

EDIT - Email received thank you

Comment

Originally posted by russell37uk View Post
            Just out of interest would a Domain SSL cover all sub domains too ? (eg mysite.com/shop1, mysite.com/shop2 etc)
            Russell, You will have to consider 'Domain Wildcard SSL' certificate if you wish to host all required sub-domains. Normal SSL certificates can only be installed on main domain.
            UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
            Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto £300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

If you wish to have the SSL certificate for the entire website, you will have to choose a Wildcard SSL certificate for it and if the SSL certificate is to be installed on each subdomain, an IP address would be needed for each subdomain.
              Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
              Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Would a Domain SSL cover a eshop located at "mysite.com/shop" ? or does it need to be relocated to "mysite.com"

Many thanks again

Russell

Comment

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Would a Domain SSL cover a eshop located at "mysite.com/shop" ? or does it need to be relocated to "mysite.com"

Many thanks again

Russell
                  Domain SSL will cover all the sub-directories under your main domain like "mysite.com/shop" or "mysite.com/shop1", but it won't cover any sub-domain like "shop.mysite.com". For securing sub-domains as well along with the main domain, you will need a Wild Card SSL.
                  Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
                  Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
                  Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I do agree with Ross.

Domain SSL will cover all sub directories, Wildcard ssl will cover all sub domains and multi domian ssl will cover mulitple domains
                      http://www.clickssl.com

Comment

Working...
                      X