Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Noob question

    Hello,

    I have a webhosting package with WebHosting.uk.com.

    I also have a separate private email service with another company whose charge for that service has just doubled.

    Now, would there be any problem with security of my private emails if I bought them into my WHUK hosting by changing the main domain on my WHUK hosting account to my private email address, and then using add-on domains for the actual websites I want to work on?

    I know that in cpanel, it recommends a separate email address for contact issues. Would that be the only problem?

    What if one of my add-on domain websites that I want to work on gets compromised? could that lead to my private emails possibly being accessible?

    I could really use some advice.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
    Hello,

    I have a webhosting package with WebHosting.uk.com.

    I also have a separate private email service with another company whose charge for that service has just doubled

    Now, would there be any problem with security of my private emails if I bought them into my WHUK hosting by changing the main domain on my WHUK hosting account to my private email address, and then using add-on domains for the actual websites I want to work on?

    I know that in cpanel, it recommends a separate email address for contact issues. Would that be the only problem?
    Hello Steve,

    You can move your email service to us. There will be no problem with security of the emails. You can make the domain name of that email address as the primary domain name of your account/cPanel and make your current primary domain name as a addon domain.

    Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
    What if one of my add-on domain websites that I want to work on gets compromised? could that lead to my private emails possibly being accessible?
    Can you please elaborate on it ?


    How many emails do you wish to send per hour ? Just to let you know that the package which you are currently on has a outgoing email limit of 300 emails/hour.
    Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
    Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
    Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ross View Post
      Can you please elaborate on it ?
      Hi Ross,

      I was just wondering that if one of the add-on domains is compromised somehow, could it put the main domain (and so my private emails) in danger of being compromised too?. Im guessing the main domain, and the add-on domains are all closed off from each other?

      Originally posted by Ross View Post
      How many emails do you wish to send per hour ? Just to let you know that the package which you are currently on has a outgoing email limit of 300 emails/hour.
      Oh no, I wouldnt need to send anywhere near that many. I actually send and recieve very few emails at the moment.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
        Hi Ross,

        I was just wondering that if one of the add-on domains is compromised somehow, could it put the main domain (and so my private emails) in danger of being compromised too?. Im guessing the main domain, and the add-on domains are all closed off from each other?
        There would be no problems with that. Addon domain and main domain have individual functionality and are separate from each other.



        Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
        Oh no, I wouldnt need to send anywhere near that many. I actually send and recieve very few emails at the moment.
        If the outgoing email limit is with 300 emails/hour, then we don't have problems with it.
        Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
        Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
        Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats great,

          I'll submit a ticket to change the main domain. Unless it can be done within Cpanel?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
            Thats great,

            I'll submit a ticket to change the main domain. Unless it can be done within Cpanel?
            I will suggest you to submit a ticket. Please include the details like the domain name which you want to be set as the primary domain. Our support team will do that for you
            Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
            Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
            Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Ross

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
                Thanks Ross
                You are welcome

                You can post a update once you are done with this.
                Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
                Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
                Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi,

                  To update, I submitted a support ticket this morning, and the main domain of my hosting was changed, to the new domain.

                  I've created 2 new email addresses for the new domain.

                  Could you tell me what the WHUK email name servers are? so I can change that information at my domain registrar, and point my domain to WHUK?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Steven, Please refer to our Welcome email where you will get the nameserver details. You will have to update the nameservers for the domains which you want to host on our server.
                    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Steven , you have to use the DNS and MX record of our server as provided in ticket EQN-349-30466 .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks a lot for your help everyone (Ross, Harry, Tuks, Max T).

                        I've now updated the name servers for the domain, and email is working fine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
                          Thanks a lot for your help everyone (Ross, Harry, Tuks, Max T).

                          I've now updated the name servers for the domain, and email is working fine
                          That's great Steven
                          We are glad to know that everything is working fine now for you
                          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X