ZoneAlarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoneAlarm

Is ZoneAlarm really as good as people say it is. The reason I say this is because it is free and my experience of free software (for windows anyway) has not been to good, normally bundled with adware ect. So yes is it really as good as people say?

Thanks in advanced.

I've heard of lots of problems with zone alarm.

Personally I prefer AVG <b> grisoft.com/doc/1 </b>

Comment

AVG is the best. I've been using AVG for last 4 years and had not even single virus attack on my system so far.

AVG rocks !!!
      Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
      AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

I just avoid the software which are free in the beginning and later they compel you to buy their paid service. AVG is extermly good to use.

Comment

ZoneAlarm is good enough for an average home user. It gives them peace of mind and does a decent job of stopping incoming attacks. Ofcourse there are better products out there than this. I think ZoneAlarm became popular probably because Steve Gibson endorsed it when he setup his shields up site.

Comment

AVG is an anti-virus program not a firewall. Zone Alarm plays some people up but generally it's ok - Kerio Personal Firewall is ok as well but there aren't that many free firewalls around. For a-v AVG is brilliant even if the update function is sometimes a bit iffy.
            homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto ... ( just Google it )

Comment

I think that Zone Alarm is too scary.
              It has popups all the time and those baloons.

Comment

I have no problem with ZoneAlarm (is very good Firewall), but you must know that any company (like Microsoft , Norton,ZoneAlarm ,.. ) can put programs or updates allow them to know any thing about you ..(this is the scary part)

the best solution for security is to use Linux or Unix ,if you know the C or C++ language ;you can modify the security system ..

Comment

That zone alarm popups does not irritate me, I am using its free version from last two years or so, overall it is safe.

Comment

for downloading free ZoneAlarm :

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...zaSetup_fr.exe

Comment

Working...
                    X