bad network - with no real solution in site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad network - with no real solution in site

so we purchased rarehosts some time ago and all we notice is daily outages - yes daily outages - and there is no issue with the server and its all network related - we open tickets and start live chats and are told it is a small network glitch -

who else has this problem -- here is a sample of our network outages from this data center below: - this is October status thus far:
    other months are worst - we are monitoring and pinging from 7 different locations around the world and they all go down at the same time

Current Status : UP
    Next Test : Oct 18 2008 11:16 AM
    Uptime : 98.386%
    Uptime including maintenance : 98.386%
    Maintenance : 00min
    Downtime : 03hr 03min
    Outage : 10

looking for some answers or within 30 days we will be moving this stuff out, consisdering we have and manage over 50 servers in norht America and running at about 99.985% uptime on all those servers - we can not understand network issues that never seem to get resolved

maverick1

who are rarehosts?

Looking at rarehosts.com takes you to some other company, rebel hosting or something.
    adding index.htm to the url takes you to the homepage which says 'Merry Xmas' at the top! Is it xmas already!

can't find any other reference to rarehosts.

Comment

Hi Domenic,

I don't see anything wrong with the Rarehosts server. Please provide us with Traceroute logs from your machine and we will investigate why you are not able to connect to your server.

I've gone through your ticket on our helpdesk and this problem you have mentioned looks really strange. We will get this sorted for you once you provide us with Traceroute logs.
      Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
      AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

one of my staff is working with jason i believe and he is going through a few issues.
        rarehost.com was bought by us - rebelnetworks.com - so we will be changing that page and site soon - yes the company we purchased rarehosts .com had snow flakes on their home page - can i pm you the trace route next time an outage happens and then you can get a better idea

Comment

Originally posted by maverick1 View Post
          one of my staff is working with jason i believe and he is going through a few issues.
          rarehost.com was bought by us - rebelnetworks.com - so we will be changing that page and site soon - yes the company we purchased rarehosts .com had snow flakes on their home page - can i pm you the trace route next time an outage happens and then you can get a better idea
          Please PM the trace route logs to Administrator.

He will get back to you ASAP. Alternatively, you can contact one of our livechat support staff or submit a ticket with our Dedicated server department. Please try to change the contact details in our billing system asap as our support staff won't provide you with any assistance unless they manage to verify your billing information.
          Last edited by Jack; 18-10-08, 11:02 PM.
          Great Opportunity:: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn 25% commission on each referral.
          Follow Us on Twitter and FaceBook

Comment

Ha

I am not alone then, i have been getting daily downtime as well.
            Was asked to provide trace route info and then got no real outcome from the last person on support.
            Mine is a strange one also as i am the only person on my forums that gets this downtime, when it happens i can still see my forums if i surf via an anonymous proxy site.
            Firewall has been checked by support and i'm not blocked there, i can see any other site on the net at the time i am unable to view my own site, also i get network timeout if i try clicking on the webhostingUK text links for support at the same time.
            The outage only lasts about 5 to 8 minutes at a time, is this a problem with my isp or my vps or something in between.

Sorry for high jacking this thread

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Your problem is related to Virgin ISP. they are reluctant to upgrade their peering network in London which is responsible for such network problems.

We've tried to find some solution from our side, but there's absolutely nothing that we can do from here. You will need to contact your ISP or simply reboot your router when you face such problem.
              Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
              AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
              Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Thanks for the info.

It's only for short periods anyway so i can put up with it, in the meantime i will see if i can get loads of Virgin users to complain then maybe they will do something about it.

Comment

Working...
                X