ssl - Public Certificates - Private Keys - .pem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssl - Public Certificates - Private Keys - .pem

Yes the Yahoo loving argumentor is back with his begging bowl out looking for help.

Right, I need to create .pem files for a public certificate and a private key.

How on gods green earth do you do that?

I have a dedicated ssl certificate.

Anyone

Scream

Do that with Openssl command

Greetings,

Thats part of openssl, like if you want to generate that file then you can do that by firing few openssl command there on your server like...

#openssl genrsa -out File.pem 1024

That will create the file file.pem with 1024 bits encryption. This file actually have both the private and public keys, so you should extract the public one from this file:

#openssl rsa -in File.pem -out public.pem -outform PEM -pubout

You'll now have public.pem containing just your public key, you can freely share this with 3rd parties.

Google it for few more openssl command or you can have that from its man page also.

Cheers.!!
    Last edited by Jason_M; 24-08-07, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_M View Post
      Greetings,

Thats part of openssl, like if you want to generate that file then you can do that by firing few openssl command there on your server like...

#openssl genrsa -out File.pem 1024

That will create the file file.pem with 1024 bits encryption. This file actually have both the private and public keys, so you should extract the public one from this file:

#openssl rsa -in File.pem -out public.pem -outform PEM -pubout

You'll now have public.pem containing just your public key, you can freely share this with 3rd parties.

Google it for few more openssl command or you can have that from its man page also.

Cheers.!!
      where would i enter these commands. cpanel?

Comment

Originally posted by screamager123 View Post
        where would i enter these commands. cpanel?
        You need to login to server (from putty) and fire those command on server.

If you have cpanel / WHM control panel then you can create directly the private and public key from http://IP/whm >> SSL/TLS >> "Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request" rather than creating.pem file

Comment

Working...
        X