Password vulnerability in Firefox 2.0.0.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password vulnerability in Firefox 2.0.0.5

The latest version of Firefox, 2.0.0.5, contains a password management vulnerability that can allow malicious Web sites to steal user passwords.
    ref : http://www.linux.com/feature/118166
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Thanks for knowing that, I think vulnerability might be existing on those malicious sites that you're visiting rather than in firefox current version.

Comment

2.0.0.6 is out now - anyone know if it fixed this vulnerability?
      homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto ... ( just Google it )

Comment

It include important security fix, those using 2.0.0.5 must upgrade it.

Comment

Originally posted by kev woodman View Post
          2.0.0.6 is out now - anyone know if it fixed this vulnerability?
          I think they have fix the issue of 2.0.0.5. You can check here and download latest 2.0.0.6 version
          http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...curity-update/
          Everything is important which is beyond my knowledge!

Comment

alan, thanks for the link.

Comment

These fixes are quite regular now - I thought that Internet Explorer was the browser that kept needing security patches?

Comment

Mozilla Firefox Team seems to be busy with integration of more and more Toolbars from last couple of months. Money spoils people and thats what seems to be happening with Firefox
                Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Yeah, Accumulation of more or more features usually makes a software more prone to risk. <o:p></o:p>

Comment

Sometimes I wonder that hackers are so brilliant in doing their work and exploiting the weak points in any software or browser. One thing is for sure, you have some smart software testers out there in the market keen in giving you a challenging job with every new software/upgrade that is launched.
                    You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom

Comment

Of course just because a vulnerability was found doesn't mean it was exlpoited. It may have been identified by the security community or even by developers on the core Firefox team.

Comment

Originally posted by kev woodman View Post
                        Of course just because a vulnerability was found doesn't mean it was exlpoited. It may have been identified by the security community or even by developers on the core Firefox team.
                        Yeah, that's quite right. They have to put in a lot of efforts to keep things safe and simple for us.
                        You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom

Comment

Working...
                        X