Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Create an e-mail folder called Suspected Spam

Use the filtering feature in your e-mail program to create rules that redirect spam messages to your Suspected Spam folder. Most spam is not addressed to its recipient by name.

Define a rule for incoming mail that says, "If my name appears in the To: or cc: field, then move this message to the Inbox." The procedure for defining rules varies among e-mail programs, so you should consult your program's Help feature to learn exactly how this works.

Define individual rules to catch e-mail that isn't addressed to you personally but that you nevertheless want to receive, such as messages from lists you've subscribed to. Have these rules redirect the relevant messages to the Inbox or to special folders that you have created for mail from those sources--for instance: "If the Sender field includes 'MyList,' then send this message to the MyList folder."

Define a final rule that sends all other e-mail that hasn't already been redirected by one of your other rules to the Suspected Spam box. For instance, a rule that says, "If the Sender field isn't 'XYXYXYXYY,' then move this message to the Suspected Spam folder" would work as a catchall.

Regards,
    Ken.

Comment

Thanks for the Info Ken
      My Crowdfunding Page https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gbsaveonfashion-1

Comment

Hello,

You are most welcome Russell.

Regards,
        Ken.

Comment

OK ... maybe this is stupid question but are the spam messages comming from common domain or how they working? If bunch of messages comming from same domain can we track and block that domain?

Comment

Hello

If you are receiving spams from specific domain then you can block it in spamassassin (cPanel ) or you can also block it's mailservers' IP behind server firewall.

Comment

I'm now curious about the difference between a spam and a genuine advertisement. I've read one article that says email advertising is still very good way to expose services and products to everyone. I consider all ads to be spam in my email but I could be missing a good advertisement.

Comment

Working...
              X