Hacker Safe Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker Safe Seal

Can Hacker Safe Seal on site increase the sales and build reliability and trust? For example I find few top sites as below are using such seal;
    Sony (sonymusicstore.com)
    Warner Brothers (wbshop.com),
    General Motors (gmccollection.com)
    Toshiba (toshibadirect.com)
    NBC (shopnbc.com)

I suppose it shows that the site is committed to regular security checks which can't be a bad thing.
    homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto ... ( just Google it )

Comment

Have you idea about the price of getting that?
      Last edited by paul; 15-05-07, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I use one

Hi,

I have one on my site.

Sales have increased but I couldn't say it was purly down to that - trafic has also increased and sales / visitor is still about the same.

What it did do was show me places on my site which were potential security issues - and how to fix them!

Most importantly they showed me where my host had holes in their server configuration.

which is how I ended up here - trying to find a new host as they won't close them.

I'm looking for a host who is certified by scanalert to be hacker safe cos no matter how much work i put into my site if the host isn't dong their part I'm not going to get anywere!

as to the cost - what I found was that the list price is quite a lot but hosts that are certified usually get you a discount - one host offered 70% off - more than covered the incresed cost of web hosting!

Hope that helps
        Thanks
        Steve

Comment

Steve to Webhostign UK community.

If you are looking for reliable and secure hosting experience then you are at right place.

All servers at Webhosting UK are monitored constantly by our experienced System Administrators and are updated by latest security patches. All dedicated server connections are firewalled so you need not to worry about security.
          We do not offer any discount on our hosting plans but offers you excellent security and support.
          If you have any further queries please E-mail us at sales @ webhosting.uk.com or via Live Chat.
          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Harry you're right, if there are qualified and expert System Administrators and server is secured, it is hard to get any site hacked, that means there is no need of such seal. I got my answer.

Comment

Working...
            X