X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by kev woodman View Post
    There's little point in sending them to the authorities because most of the gangs running these scams are based in countries where law and order is patchy at best.
    Yeah. but you can always get their domain suspended from registry and their data deleted from the server hosting their websites.

Leave a comment:

• kev woodman
    replied
    There's little point in sending them to the authorities because most of the gangs running these scams are based in countries where law and order is patchy at best.

Leave a comment:

• Administrator
    replied
    2 ways to identify such emails :-

1. open header of those emails and check the sending server. Phishing emails are sent from abcadabca type of servers so you can clearly make out that it didnt come from paypal, ebay or barclays servers.

2. check the source code of those emails if they are in html format. those hyperlinks would be pointing to some unknown URL instead of your banks website.

Leave a comment:

• Pumazooma
    replied
    They're usually so blindingly obvious I don't think you need one.

Common sene should tell people that, for example, your bank won't email you asking for your pin number so they can check things.

A lot of banks and things like ebay, paypal have special pages where you can report them or email addresses you can forward them to.

Leave a comment:

• spiderweb
    started a topic Phishing

Phishing

I have been receiving phishing emails regularly. While there are applications which can detect phishing attempts, my wish list is that these applications must have a special feature which will automatically report phishing attempts to concerned authorities.
Working...
X