Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail_mime pear and include paths

Hi,

I've installed the Mail_Mime package in pear but the my code cannot find the class to use. the following line fails as it cannot find Mail.php.
    [PHP]require_once("Mail.php");[/PHP]

if I try the following line without any includes/requies, the class is not found.
    [PHP]$mime = new Mail_mime($crlf);[/PHP]

I thought cpanel says you do not have to modify and include paths for pear classes to work?

the only way i can get it to work is to manually download the classes and put them locally.

aside (and bad message board etiquate):

should I be able to call Zend libraries, or again, do I have to download these manually?

thanks in advance.

Gee

You were getting this error because the file 'Mail.php' was not at the location where the script is searching for. We have copied the file to that location now. You can check if the script if running fine or not. If you still have any issues you can initiate a Live chat to email us at [email protected], so that we can assist you in a better way.
    Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
    Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
    Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

thanks for the help. that has made
      [PHP]require('Mail.php')[/PHP]
      work, but mime.php isn't there either.

should installing the Pear module put all the files in the correct place without any intevention from yourself?

thanks again

Comment

We have copied 'mime.php' also to that location and have installed mail_mime module on your account. It should work now. Please let us know if you still have any issues.

Comment

That did not fix it.

[PHP]require('mime.php')[/PHP]

fails with "cannot find file"
          thanks

Comment

For me its working fine
            ------------------------------------------
            [email protected] [~]# pear list-all | grep Mime
            pear/Mail_Mime 1.8.1 1.8.1 Mail_Mime provides classes to create MIME messages.
            -----------------------------------------------
            If you are facing any issues, I would suggest you initiate a Live chat. Our support staff will assist you in this.

Comment

This was working but when I came back a few days later, it is not. I'm on chat with help but not getting very far...

there seems to be no reference to Mail.php or mime.php

Comment

I will check with our support team once again and send you a PM accordingly.

Comment

I also have had the same problem - cpanel copies the scripts to /home/user/php directory - this must be inefficient on a shared server, why not in the default usr/lib/share or add the path to php.ini ?

To work round I use set_include_path() function at start of script - a bit inefficient.

Comment

As with the above posters, I am to having difficulty with the Pear Module mail_mime.

Cpanel installs the module in perfectly well into the folder /php/Mail/mime.php. All scripts reference that the mime.php is located in this file and always call it using include('Mail/mime.php');

But for the life of me I cannot seem to get this to work. The scripts do not acknowledge the existence of mime.php. Mail.php works perfectly well but mime.php does not work and i require this to send HTML emails!

Live Chat was no hope. Apparently they do not see this as a server side issue. All the scripts and tutorials reference the mail_mime script to be located at Mail/mime.php but if you use require_once, the script fails. If you use include, the script fails as soon as it hits something that calls the class in mime.php such as:

$message = new Mail_mime(array('eol' => $crlf));

From what I read online, it could a few things. No clue if it helps:
                    - Restart apache server
                    - Pear is out of date
                    - include path is incorrect (this one cannot be true as Mail.php works?)
                    - There is an error in mine.php script (this cannot be true either as I downloaded a copy from pear's site and still no luck)

I have tried using different paths, moved the files up one directory but still no go. At a loss!

Any advice would be great!!

Comment

Hello,

To me, it seems to be issue with the include path in php.
                      Could you please pm me your domain name or the exact URL for your script, I will check it for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X