Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowfish_secret

Hi
    I'm running a php config file that is attempting to configure a database. This is part of a package, not something I've written.

The setup instructions for the app say i need to send a "grant all privileges ..." command

I'm attempting to do this using phpMyAdmin, and it's saying:

"The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret)."

on a forum I found a msg " ....I looked online and the solution is simple, edit the config.inc.php file the line: etc....

So the first question is, how do I find/edit said config.inc.php file? I can't see it in the directory structure when I ftp in and look at the files.

ps: this is on a windows hosting service

Dave

config.inc.php is in the root directory of the PHPMyAdmin web files. The directory is different on each OS.

the blowfish_secret phrase is very similar to MD5 + Salting your passwords, it's definitely recommended you set the blowfish phrase as soon as you can.
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Hello,

I would request you to please submit a support request along with your domain name and the name of PHP application that you are trying to install. Adding your MySQL DB name, its user & password will help us to fix the problem faster.

Comment

Hi

ok - thanks. wilco - tomorrow (fri) am

Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X