Not sure how to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to remove

I edited a php file and as soon as I published it, I get this at the top of the page:-

No idea where this has came from... simple fix to this please?

it's an error here,, that didn't show me anything.. like this "" ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mentori View Post
      it's an error here,, that didn't show me anything.. like this "" ..
      Well, Mentori he is speaking about his own PHP file I think. He edited his own PHP file and when he launched it he got an error.

Now he is looking for solution. Let us see what's the solution?

Comment

well, try again, take unedited file, and, put again, that php code, or type php code, on a file .php, and open, look is the problem on that php code, on a combination.

Comment

Most problems of this nature happen between the front of the screen and the back of the chair.

It helps if you want a fix to show the error either by: showing the script orby allowing us to see the page.

Comment

"" is a Byte Order Mark (see Wikipedia for a full explanation). Some HTML editors add it to the beginning of the file.

In my case Microsoft Expression Web was the culprit and I've had to stop using that. I'm told that Version 2 has an option to turn it off, but I haven't tried that. I now use a text editor instead!

Not all browsers display it: Firefox usually does, but Interent Explorer mostly doesn't.

Comment

Yes, it's exackly Web Expression that is doing this..

Open file, make no amendments, save it,  comes up... and have no idea how to take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by karimali831 View Post
                Yes, it's exackly Web Expression that is doing this..

Open file, make no amendments, save it,  comes up... and have no idea how to take it off.
                Usually you can just see white space where the characters appear.

May I suggest you look at the file in notepad and remove any spaces from the top of the page.

Both PHP and Perl often have these issues and a txt plain editor usually kills them off.

You can afford to remove all unneccessary spaces and tabs around your scripts the server wont care.

This should fix it.

Comment

I simply use FrontPage/Notepad and try avoiding using Web Expression because this seems to be causing the problems even if I do remove the spaces. Just by pasting all the content in one file from Web Expression to Frontpage and saving it does the trick.

Comment

Comment

No idea about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadwin View Post
                        You had any foreign character in your webpage?

Something like or or ?

You should replace foreign characters with their symbol like £ ....
                        Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Umm, i thought this has been answered...maybe i'm thinking of another forum. That error is possibly down to the wrong character set used on the webpage.
                          Which charset are you using iso, utf ?

Comment

It was answered I think
                            Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
                            Support: 0800-612-8725
                            International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              It was answered I think
                              I should also have reread the thread
                              Although an answer to the original question was never posted, only what software caused it, changing charset to charset=ISO-8859-1 would have fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X