• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocky123
    replied
    Originally posted by WSMITH View Post
    Hello

I am planning to setup a media website. This website will be complete related to media such as mp3,online radio, live buffering, video etc. So what kind of hosting package is more suitable. As of now i have around one semi-dedicated and one dedicated server hosting with high end processor.

Fell free to suggest.
    You need to mention how much load currently you have, how many visitors, bandwidth consumption during file uploads and downloading, server configuration ????? If you have the high end dedicated web servers, then I'd suggest you to opt load balanced server hosting solution.

Leave a comment:

• shane10
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry View Post
    Well, usually all media files are huge in size and requires lot of resources to process them. If you are planning to build a social media web portal where users can share videos, music and image files then certainly you will have to consider high end dedicated server with huge harddrive/bandwidth upgrade option.
    I too agree with Harry. I would like to recommed and need to add to the above discussion, that the you can go with cloud website hosting that can be public cloud or it could private cloud hosting or can be dedicated server too which can get the best performance while the load is much high for your media site.
    As Cloud computing benifits is a cluster of servers that to the end user just feels like one physical server.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by WSMITH View Post
    Hello

I am planning to setup a media website. This website will be complete related to media such as mp3,online radio, live buffering, video etc. So what kind of hosting package is more suitable. As of now i have around one semi-dedicated and one dedicated server hosting with high end processor.

Fell free to suggest.
    Well, usually all media files are huge in size and requires lot of resources to process them. If you are planning to build a social media web portal where users can share videos, music and image files then certainly you will have to consider high end dedicated server with huge harddrive/bandwidth upgrade option.

Leave a comment:

• rocky123
    replied
    I just need to put into your notice that what exact sort of activity you are going to do on your website eg- user registration,video upload,online mp3 play and plus other users accessing videos or mp3 at the same time, then server load increases at extremely high level and everything slows down.

Leave a comment:

• WSMITH
    started a topic Dedicated server hosting For Media web site

Dedicated server hosting For Media web site

Hello

Fell free to suggest.
Working...
X