Dedicated Server Hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Server Hackers

My site kept going down today and even after trying to restart Apache then a full reboot the site would not stay up.
    I went on live chat and they said I was been attacked, so they have nulled connections for six hours. So what happens if the hacker continues to attack my site, does it stay down forever.

Do you mean you've been under a DDos Attack? Or there is something else?

There are several ways to avoid the DDos's, but you have to investigate first what are these attackers doing to attack your website & why they're doing it, you must have done something that pi**ed them off!

Comment

A Turkish hacker took down a retail site a few weeks ago, a user posted on my forums that the hacker was attacking all websites related to the same subject. mine and another forum were attacked last night.
      I have done nothing to know one, the people responsible are obviously anti's.

Comment

It's down again, unbelievable.

Comment

If I am on a UK managed dedicated server should other domains not owned by me be sharing my ip addresses. ?

Comment

Am I the only one getting real curious what was the subject that pulled the trigger!

Can you tell us what was it about?

And by the way, you can just ban his IP range, and if you don't have potential Turkish customers, then ban their whole IP ranges not just his.

Install a firewall and install an Anti-DDos service.

Comment

Hi,

@acwatts
              If I am on a dedicated server should other domains not owned by me be sharing my ip addresses. ?
              If you are on a dedicated server and if there are multiple domains hosted on the same server then, Yes, they will be sharing the Server's main IP address as it will be a shared IP address for those domains.

Comment

Originally posted by VConnor View Post
                Hi,

@acwatts

If you are on a dedicated server and if there are multiple domains hosted on the same server then, Yes, they will be sharing the Server's main IP address as it will be a shared IP address for those domains.

But why would a domain not owned or hosted by me on my dedicated server be using my ip addresses. ?

Comment

It's OK it not my ip but looks simular.

Comment

What happened was I did a trace route to my domain earlier and it ended with a domain that's nothing to do with my site but showed my ip address next to it.
                    I did a whois on that domain and it then showed an ip very simular to mine but different.

Comment

Working...
                    X