Backup Mail Exchanger - doesn't seem to be working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Mail Exchanger - doesn't seem to be working

I have the backup mail exchanger configured for several domains.

Yesterday, my primary mail server (MX=5) was down from about 10am for the rest of the day.
    It was back up and running early this morning, but I have received no emails from yesterday after 10am.

The domains in question include: [domains noted and removed]

I believe they are all configured correctly, and I thought I had tested the backup mail exchanger, but that would have been quite a while ago.

This morning at 8:05 , I used telnet to connect directly to the (MX=10) server ([domain noted and removed]) and it accepted an email addressed to me ([email id. noted and removed]) but the email hasn\'t reached my server (it\'s now 8:47). The same test to the (MX=5) server was received.

What is the expected lag on the backup mail exchange? Can you check it\'s actually working? Or is there something different in the configuration I need to do?

Thank you.
    Last edited by WHUK-Stan; 19-03-14, 08:11 AM. Reason: Domain name and email id. removed

Hello Aiden,

While investigating on this matter it's noticed that you have correctly set the secondary MX records as provided by us. Though you haven't created email accounts on the server due to which mails were not delivered.

Please login to cpanel using http://serverip:2082 url and create the email accounts on the server so that in case primary goes down then secondary would work.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Comment

Working...
    X