Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the file???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where is the file???

    This may seem like an odd question but it's driving me mad. I have a forum hosted on one of my sub-domains and the forum is normally accessed by yorkshirerugby.net...Welcome to the Forum for supporters of Yorkshire Rugby - Index therefore a PHP address. However last year I wanted to add a page to advertise an event so put an html page at Events Sounds simple enough and it was.

    However, I now want to replace that html page with another one but I just can't find the location of the html file that I want to replace, I've used my File Manager in cPanel and can't locate it. Is there any way from the address Events that I can locate that file?

  • #2
    Originally posted by botty1963 View Post
    This may seem like an odd question but it's driving me mad. I have a forum hosted on one of my sub-domains and the forum is normally accessed by yorkshirerugby.net...Welcome to the Forum for supporters of Yorkshire Rugby - Index therefore a PHP address. However last year I wanted to add a page to advertise an event so put an html page at Events Sounds simple enough and it was.

    However, I now want to replace that html page with another one but I just can't find the location of the html file that I want to replace, I've used my File Manager in cPanel and can't locate it. Is there any way from the address Events that I can locate that file?
    Hi,

    The Index.html file is in the following location : /home/drufcj/www/yorkshirerugby.net/index.html
    Kind regards,
    Jack Daniel.

    Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought that so deleted the file yesterday to prove it, however when I access the address the page is still there so it appears that it's not looking at that location???

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by botty1963 View Post
        I thought that so deleted the file yesterday to prove it, however when I access the address the page is still there so it appears that it's not looking at that location???
        You might want to see this : http://yorkshirerugby.net/test.php
        Kind regards,
        Jack Daniel.

        Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

        Comment


        • #5
          I've used the search facility to search for index.html in my files and it only shows the one's that are used for my website and other forum, not the one that's appearing at Events

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by botty1963 View Post
            I've used the search facility to search for index.html in my files and it only shows the one's that are used for my website and other forum, not the one that's appearing at Events
            It may be possible that the search feature you're using itself requires & uses a cache to display the results, which might not have been updated. Anyways, are you able to locate the index.html file in the location I've provided above?
            Kind regards,
            Jack Daniel.

            Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

            Comment

            Working...
            X