Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I View Error Log in cPanel Control Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I View Error Log in cPanel Control Panel?

In cPanel control panel error log shows the HTTP errors that occur when visitors try to view your website. These errors are related to the requested files that were not found, permission settings, and so on.

Perform the mentioned steps to view the error log :
    • On the cPanel home screen, click on Metrics.
    • Now, click on Errors.

Thank you Connor for sharing the steps. You should also check this.
    Error Log function of the cPanel will display the last 300 errors for your site. This can be very helpful for checking the broken links or problems with missing files. Reviewing this log frequently can help keep your site running smoothly.”
    Basically, when a site is visited by someone, the server receives a request from that visitor's web browser and location to your server. When the visitor hits any section of a website and they produce an error, in the error log you get the date, time, IP, page the error occurred and so forth. These errors could be caused for several reasons.

Below are a few reasons why errors would be thrown.
    • Page Alias Changed (SEF URL’s or Permalinks changed)
    • The file was deleted or renamed
    • Menu links changed without redirecting
    • Old URLs cached in search engines
    • SpamBots trying to manipulate a URL
    • Missing error pages or robots.txt

Comment

Hello,

Thank you guys for sharing such a beneficial information.
      I have searched a lot about Error Logs. But you have explained in deep. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Connor View Post
        In cPanel control panel error log shows the HTTP errors that occur when visitors try to view your website. These errors are related to the requested files that were not found, permission settings, and so on.

Perform the mentioned steps to view the error log :
        • On the cPanel home screen, click on Metrics.
        • Now, click on Errors.
        Thank you Connor for sharing such beneficial information. After following the mentioned steps, now I am able to see the error log of my website.

Comment

Working...
        X