Can I resell with shared plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I resell with shared plan?

Is it possible to sell webhosting for a domain using a shared plan. Like the basic plan in linux? Or I will need to go for a reseller plan? I do not wish to invest in a reseller account. And it is only going to be a website or two for some friends.

With reseller plan you can create separate website and separate account panel for those domains. If you plan to resell then you should opt for a reseller plan only. You can manage all domains from the master control panel.

Comment

A reseller plan is recommended however this doesn’t mean that you cannot host multiple websites on our cPanel Hosting plans. Multiple Domains Hosting feature is supported on cPanel Hosting plans. These domains are added in the form of add-on domains. They have a separate website as well.

Comment

So I am can host them on shared plan then. What difference will a reseller plan make then?

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie View Post
          So I am can host them on shared plan then. What difference will a reseller plan make then?
          With shared you add them as addons and manage them all from a single control panel. With a reseller each domain will have its separate control panel and the reseller will have access to a master control panel.

Comment

If you are not going to be serious with the selling, if the websites belong to your freinds as you say. A shared plan is good enough. You won't need to invest much and you can still have mutiple websites running from the same account.

Comment

Does that mean all websites will be managed from one control panel in a shared package? Will my firnds use the control panel to access their website and upload content?

Comment

Yes, you will manage them all from a single control panel. They will be uploading content through FTP using their FTP account details.

Comment

Will they have access to my website files as well? When I use FTP it gives me access to all data in my account. I certainly don't wish to do that.

Comment

Will they have access to my website files as well? When I use FTP it gives me access to all data in my account. I certainly don't wish to do that.
                    They will have their own FTP accounts and they will only be able to access their files.

Comment

Hi Gracie,

While creating the FTP accounts for the addon domains through your cpanel, create the FTP accounts so that the directory access is restricted to the folder where the addon domain contents reside. (Eg. Addon domain : test.com whose contents are located under /public_html/test ). While adding the FTP account ensure to use the proper directory. This will prevent the addon domain users to access the contents of your main domain.

WHUK-Sarina
                      Linux Support Department

Comment

thanks to all. Can I assign dedicated IP adress to these addon domain names?

Comment

Hi Gracie,

Yes, you can assign a dedicated IP to an addon domain. You can buy a dedicated IP from us, and we will assign it for the required addon domain.

WHUK-Sarina
                          Linux Support Department

Comment

Yes, you can order dedicated IPs which will cost you 20.00 GBP/Year
                            You can easily assign a dedicated IP for required addon domain.
                            UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                            Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X