Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sFTP failing to authenticate

Hi,

I am trying to connect to my account via sFTP, as I hate FTP being in plain text. After speaking to a tech via live chat, I have had my account moved to the SSH enabled server.

I have generated the appropriate keys from with in the cPanel and have downloaded and imported the appropriate keys into FileZilla. When I try to connect, its keeps bouncing my password. I have changed the password manually under the FTP section and have updated Filezilla to no luck.

any ideas?

PS: I have copied a bit from the clip board from FileZilla, and have edited out the personal details.

Command: keyfile "<drive location>\sftpcredentials(converted).ppk"
    Command: open "account name: @ FTP server address "port number
    Command: Pass: ************
    Error: Authentication failed.
    Error: Critical error
    Error: Could not connect to server

thanks
    Last edited by Norova; 06-07-10, 07:17 PM. Reason: update

Originally posted by Norova View Post
    Hi,

I have generated the appropriate keys from with in the cPanel and have downloaded and imported the appropriate keys into FileZilla. When I try to connect, its keeps bouncing my password. I have changed the password manually under the FTP section and have updated Filezilla to no luck.

any ideas?
    Hi Ronald,

As this is SFTP connection via jailshell SSH access so you need to use same Cpanel username as FTP account in SFTP connection. If you have added Key file already in Filezilla SFTP >> AddKey file section then just do update SFTP account setting as per below steps and give it try again.

-------------------------

- Go to Filezilla >> Site Manager
    - Put Host as Server IP or your domain name then put server port which has been mentioned in the Email.
    - Choose Server type as SFTP
    - Select Logontype as normal
    - Put username : [ your Cpanel username ]
    - password : ****

-------------------------

You should be able to access SFTP account if your local machine's IP is not blocked in the firewall due to incorrect login attempts if any.
    Please contact us on live chat if you face any difficulty.

Comment

Working...
    X