Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using PHPList to send out emails

Hi,
    I am completely new to using PHPlist but having poured over the documentation on phplist.com, I think I should be able to work out what to do (eventually)!

However, having found another question on here about the rate at which emails should be sent out, where the rate given was 300 per hour, I'm just a bit nervous about doing something wrong and bringing the wroth of the gods on my head

Is there an easy way of checking that I've got the settings correct? [I haven't done it yet BTW!]

Or can I raise a support request to ask for someone at your end to check I've not had a serious blonde moment once I have set things up?

Thank you.

Elaine

Hello

We have opened a support ticket on our helpdesk. Please reply back to the ticket so we can assist you in a better way.

Regards,
    Stuart.

Comment

Hello,

Any time you're sending a message no matter how large your mailing list is, you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to send 1 email every 12 seconds. (Sending 1 every 12 seconds would send 300 emails within 1 hour, keeping you within the limit on outgoing emails per domain.)

If you do not throttle and you try sending 500 emails, the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible on any of our shared servers. This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.

If you want us to verify your phplist configuration, you can open a ticket with us or please PM me with your phplist URL with admin username/password, I will verify it for you.

Comment

Hi Nick,
        Thank you for that.

As I said ........ I haven't started to do anything yet but it's good to know what I need to do once I have

Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X