Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp access refused

good morning all,
    we decided to use serif web plus x4 to create out website and managed to upload it using the in built ftp programme with no issues.now we have made a few changes to the site and tried to upload again the ftp refuses to connect.any ideas what we are doing wrong?
    supernaturalgamers.co.uk

many thanks spunkymonkey

Hello,

I have unblocked your local machine ip address from the server firewall.

================
    csf.deny:tcp:in:d=20:s=94.9.49.49 # lfd: 5 (ftpd) login failures from 94.9.49.49 (GB/United Kingdom/5e093131.bb.sky.com) in the last 300 secs - Mon Mar 29 18:36:48 2010
    csf.deny:tcp:in:d=21:s=94.9.49.49 # lfd: 5 (ftpd) login failures from 94.9.49.49 (GB/United Kingdom/5e093131.bb.sky.com) in the last 300 secs - Mon Mar 29 18:36:48 2010
    ================

Please use the correct login details to access your ftp account.

Comment

cheers matey but are we causing issues because theres 2 of us playing with the website from 2 different locations? (obviously not at the same time)

cheers simon (spunkymonkey)

Comment

HTML Code:
         5 (ftpd) login failures from 94.9.49.49 (GB/United Kingdom/5e093131.bb.sky.com) in the last 300 secs
        Your local IP address [94.9.49.49] was blocked with server firewall due to wrong login attempts . We have added few rules with Server firewall for security reason which do not allow more than 3 wrong login attempts . To avoid such problem in future you have to use correct login details while login with FTP client, cpanel webmail etc ..

Comment

hi,
          i have just done a fresh os install after a big hardware change on my pc and i think my ip is being blocked again by the firewall as ftp access as failed quite a few times.
          any help would be appreciated.
          cheers spunkymonkey

Comment

bump bump thx

Comment

Originally posted by spunkymonkey View Post
              hi,
              i have just done a fresh os install after a big hardware change on my pc and i think my ip is being blocked again by the firewall as ftp access as failed quite a few times.
              any help would be appreciated.
              cheers spunkymonkey
              Hi.. I have unblocked the IP from server firewall. Give it a try now.
              Cristiano
              webhosting.uk.com

Comment

that still did not work matey,does this look ok to you....

cheers spunkymonkey

Comment

Hi,

The default FTP (same as cPanel user) is disabled on the server for security reasons. I suggest you to access cPanel, create a FTP account so that you can upload the website contents.

Hope this info helps
                  Cristiano
                  webhosting.uk.com

Comment

i have already created a ftp account on c panel and it is the same username and password as the one i used a couple of months ago and they worked fine,i have checked the passsword and that one is fine to.i know we had a few issues with the firewall when i first started using it about 4 months ago and someone at your end managed to put it right.
                    many thanks matey
                    simon (spunkymonkey)

Comment

Hi Simon,

I have sent you a PM with the correct FTP username. The one you are using is incorrect.
                      Cristiano
                      webhosting.uk.com

Comment

Working...
                      X