Adding an addon domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an addon domain

Hi, i'm new to Web Hosting UK and the impressive forum so I hope someone will be able to offer a little assistance...

My cPanel(shared) account is set up o.k. with my primary domain and i'm now looking to transfer a couple of websites over to web hosting uk from another host.
    Now, I want to duplicate the website as an addon domain before I redirect its domain to point to the web hosting uk nameservers.

Here's the problem, when trying to add the addon domain I get an error saying the domain is not using the web hosting uk nameservers. The sub-folder for the addon domain is created but it is not listed and I don't think the FTP was set up.

How can I achieve this without any down-time of the website to be transferred while the DNS switchover takes place?
    Hope i've explained this o.k. and someone can offer a solution.

Hello,

Try to add add-on domain now, It will work for you.

You can access add-on domains temporarily using URL as http://primarydomain.com/add-on-domain-folder. Once your add-on domains will work perfectly from our server then ask your current host provider to point A record to our server IP. It will reduce DNS propagation time. Once it resolve properly then point name servers of our server on your domains from domain registrar end.

Regards,
    Vasco S
    Last edited by Vasco S; 06-03-10, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      The addon domain process is still failing... I get the error:
      Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 212.67.202.2,92.51.159.40 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.
      So it would seem I can't set the addon domain up until the nameservers are switched... but this doesn't make sense! Any clues?

Comment

Russell,

We have enabled remote domains on the server so now you are able to create domains, which are not pointing to our server. Your issue has been sorted out in ticket MPS-84396-824.

Regards,
        Vasco S

Comment

Hi
          The problem now appears to be sorted, just a little confused because I thought what I wanted to do was fairly standard and not something that would need to be configured.

I was also a little confused by who was responding to my post. The support person handling my ticket was called Eric but my forum posts were sent by Vasco (a new member) do you have an alter ego?

Anyway, whoever solved my problem Eric or Vasco, thankyou very much for your quick response. Have a great weekend
          Russ.

Comment

Working...
          X