Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoundCube problem with BCC

Hi all;

I noticed recently that when an email message is sent using RoundCube, recipients can see the BCC fields! Depending on their email reader, they may have to look at the full email headers, but in some clients such as Thunderbird, they're display

This is obviously terrible from the point of view of privacy and professionalism.

Some quick googling indicates that this is a known problem with RoundCube, but it appears that the bug has been fixed and that some ISPs (such as Web Hosting UK) may need to upgrade their version of RoundCube.

Michael.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the heads up. We have upgraded to the latest version within cPanel hosting and this problem should now be fixed.

Please check and let us know.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, John.

I have tested this just a minute ago and the problem remains; your upgrade does not appear to have fixed it.

Can you look into it further?

Michael.

Comment

Hi Michael,

The problem is that cPanel comes bundled with it's own version. I'm aware that their is a newer standalone version but that won't be compatible with cPanel. I'm sorry to say that this problem will continue until cPanel update the version they use.

Comment

Thanks anyway, John.

Can you, as CPanel's customer, raise this problem with them?

Michael.

Comment

Hi Michael,

We can certainly mention the problem to them and hopefully they will respond positively.

I will let you know if we hear anything back from them.

Comment

Working...
            X