more space with reseller hosting plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more space with reseller hosting plans

I think, you should offre much more space with reseller hosting plans, or give an option for buying more space for extra pay.

Our Hosting plans are cheap and it won't be possible for us to keep track of upgrades and downgrades if we allow additional space and bandwidth on reseller plans.

What we offer right now is what we can afford to sell with sufficient profit Margin. We won't like to spoil our service and trouble our customers just to get more signups by uncontrolled overselling.
    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Hi, Can I aspect your service better than IXWEBHOSTING

Hi,

Currently I am using IX WEB Hosting & NO complaint about it

The only complaint is in September 2008 My all website hack & hacket delete my all data from all website.

When i Ask IX web hosting for it. They say we are not responsible for it & we can not recover data which is my 6 month hard work

what will you provide me this conditions
      No Advertising

Comment

Originally posted by nhs247 View Post
        Hi,

Currently I am using IX WEB Hosting & NO complaint about it
        The only complaint is in September 2008 My all website hack & hacket delete my all data from all website.
        When i Ask above web host for it. They say we are not responsible for it & we can not recover data which is my 6 month hard work

what will you provide me this conditions
        Its always recommended to keep latest backup of your webfiles and databases at your local end. We do take backup of all servers but its for internal use only. You can go through our TOS section at Webhosting UK TOS
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Is there any backup option that you provide?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt123 View Post
            Is there any backup option that you provide?
            Yes, WebHosting UK provides offsite data backup plans which you can view at Backup Service | Offsite Data Backup Solutions | Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Server | VPS Hosting

Comment

Hey Alexis,

Is it possible to upgrade the BackUp plan if needed? and how much do I need to pay to upgrade?

Comment

Yes, I think it will be possible to upgrade the backup plan. As it is possible to upgrade all your packages at any point of time, it will be possible to upgrade the backup plan also. WebHosting UK charges the price difference between the packages if you upgrade any of your web hosting package. I think this is the same when you upgrade your backup plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt123 View Post
                  Hey Alexis,

Is it possible to upgrade the BackUp plan if needed? and how much do I need to pay to upgrade?
                  Yes, backup plan can be upgraded as and when you wish to. You can also buy a dedicated backup server from WebHosting UK if you need more space than what is available on these plans.

Comment

We do provide Dedicated Backup Servers. If anyone wish to order the dedicated backup server then please pm me or drop an email to [email protected] for more details.

Comment

I am a newbie in this forum, so i would like to make a new member and contribute my ideas and improve my knowledge from the others.I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.Gee! this thread will attract many people to give more info

Comment

Ohhps, I must remember to look at the thread's starting date, not just the last post date!

Good morning

If I understand things correctly there are already 4 resellers packages for both Linux and Windows, Windows Reseller Hosting | Cheap DotNetPanel Reseller Web Hosting UK

If you are exceeding the capacity of the platinum package and can not afford to move to dedicated server(s) then you are simply not charging your customers enough.

If you look at Windows hosting here the cheapest package, the Windows Hosting Starter is 3.12 per month and its disc and bandwidth capacity and compare these with the cheapest windows reseller account; Copper you can draw the following conclusions.

The copper reseller account supports 16.66 accounts in respect of bandwidth and 100 accounts in term of disc space. If you were to sell these 16 accounts at 3.12 then you would be earning at about 50 per month and making about 30 profit per month. Not worth doing is it, its very much a starting point.

By the time that you have got up to it, the Platinum reseller account supports 100 accounts in respect of bandwidth and 400 accounts in term of disc space. If you were to sell these 100 accounts at 3.12 then you would be earning at about 312 per month and making about 250 profit per month. Still not worth doing is it?

If you have 100 customers you would surely be getting to the point of having to have spend quite a lot of time on support anyway? So being at or around the limits of Platinum reseller is not a sustainable position, you have a support obligation but probably not enough revenue to make it a full time job.

Clearly reselling as a cheap host is pointless, so you would want to add features that the standard 3.12 WebHosting UK account doesn't have, for example backing up customers' sites as part of your standard package. This is a piece of cake if you have moved to a dedicated server.

In my view all of the reseller plans are starting and staging points and once you exceed Platinum it's time to move to your own hardware. If you really don't want to go to a dedicated server and unless I have missed something in the T&C surely all you need to do is buy another platinum account.

Bye

Ian
                        Last edited by IanSmithISA; 24-12-09, 12:01 PM. Reason: Add a line at the start.
                        Forums are about debating pleasantly not agreeing.

Comment

I couldn't agree more

Unfortunately, I know why people aren't charging "enough" it's one word. Competitiveness.

Especially as a reseller, in order to generate business, you have to be competitive. So what do you do? You drop that 10gb storage account for 2.99 because guess what? All the big boys are doing it, and in order to stay in business, you need to generate clients. If the big boys are charging those low prices, then you most certainly need to as well, right?

WRONG

I've seen this time and time again. Resellers charge low prices and then get shell-shock when they are out of space and barely covering costs. So how can we circumvent this? How can we as resellers, charge decent prices and still retain competitiveness?

Two words: Value Added

Think about what you are offering. Low Prices? Great Support? a 99.9% SLA? Guess what, so is every host in the world. You need to find something that sets you apart from the others. It's not about niche hosting either. It's about finding that competitive edge. So what can we do about this? I'll start a new thread about this after I'm done.

Bottom line, find something that few hosts are doing and then you can maybe charge those higher prices and make a decent profit, but at the same time, keep the customers coming.
                          Last edited by HostingGuru; 11-04-10, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Good morning

Bottom line, find something that few hosts are doing and then you can maybe charge those higher prices and make a decent profit, but at the same time, keep the customers coming.
                            The trouble is that doing this requires, thinking, effort, learning something new and probably expenditure whereas reselling at $2.99 is easy and it is someone else's fault when the business fails.

I'm not into hosting, but I seriously thought about it, see this post http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/...nt-2010-a.html, once Acccess 2010 goes live, there are going to be large number of people "banging out" Access based websites and needing somewhere to host them.

If you haven't used it yet Access 2010 brings most of the advantages that Access had over VB to the web area. There are some big draw backs as well, especially if you ever envisage scaling up the application, but for sites for "one man band businesses" with reasonable database needs it's great.

Try and find hosts for it, I'm working with one in the USA at the moment.

Bye

Ian
                            Forums are about debating pleasantly not agreeing.

Comment

I've played with SP and Access 2010 as well. and I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, for the reasons you outlined in your other post, I don't see shared hosting as a viable solution for SharePoint. You would almost certainly have to go dedicated to serve SharePoint clients.

The new ODB engine that Access is using, from what I've read, is a new animal all together, which means learning new querying techniques to make the sites more efficient, and untill those methods have been tried and true, you can expect HUGE CPU spikes to occur with every query.

But for shared reseller hosting? Back to the topic of the OP, You have to get creative in what you offer. Otherwise you will end up on the long list of hosts that everyone tries to weed through when searching, but always stops a quarter of the way down.

Comment

Working...
                              X