Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel Question ?

Hi

I would like to restrict users from accessing my website completely for few hours while I do a software upgradation for my website.
    I am aware that some of customers of my site will be affected so that the reason I want know is there any option in cPanel to make easy ?

In my opinion you can go with restricting your viewer by adding a password on your main directory.
    For that you'll have to click on the icon under security called as a password protect directories >>
    click on public_html and fill up the required details.

In addition when ever you need to move the protection you just need to remove the password. One thing you can keep in mind, rename the directory something like “website is temporary unavailable ”.

The above scenario is just my recommendation.
    UK VPS Hosting || SEO Server || Cloud Hosting
    Looking for extra income ?
    Join our webhosting affiliate program and earn upto £300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by rocky123 View Post
      Hi

I would like to restrict users from accessing my website completely for few hours while I do a software upgradation for my website.
      I am aware that some of customers of my site will be affected so that the reason I want know is there any option in cPanel to make easy ?
      Password protect is one option. or if it's not the index page, then you can also use a coming soon page on the main website.

Comment

Is the password protect feature the only option using cpanel? My concern would be how the search engines crawling your site would read it. I wouldn't want to do anything that might be interpreted by the search engines as a reason to downgrade my search results ranking.

Comment

Working...
        X