Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awstats and Keywords

Hello,

I was going through different sections of Awstats in my cPanel Hosting account. Under "Referrers" section, it says "Search Keyphrases". It has only 3 different columns; n different keyphrases, Search, Percent (n: the number of keyphrases used to search). I am wondering someone here knows how to find the IP from where a Keyword or a Keyphrase has been searched. Any idea please? Appreciated! Thank you!

I think there is no such option in AWstats provided with cPanel control panel. However, you can find out the Country from which the highest number of hits are received on your website through "Countries" column of AWstats

Comment

I think Caroline is right, there is no such Stastics software that can show you the IP from where a keyword or keyphrase has been searched. I have also used Google Analytics, but never seen this type of any feature offered in it. Hey Matt, may i know the reason you are asking about tracking that IP from where the keyword has been searched?

Comment

I just got this question in my mind when I was going through all the options in cPanel Hosting control panel. It would help me to learn how keyword's framing for different people from different regions changes. Accordingly, I can work on SEO.

Comment

Try out using Google Analytics, it has geographic locator and "User Defined visitor tracking" features that let you know from where all your visitors are coming from?

Comment

Thats right. If you are working on SEO, you should look for a tool that helps you analyze the traffic better and gives you an indepth idea of the traffic thats reaching your website. cPanels AWstats give you only a brief statistical overview. Google Analytics can make your task much simpler.

Comment

Yes, Google Analytics has many features.

Advertising ROI, Cross Channel and Multimedia Tracking, Customized Reporting are few of the main features. You may check their official website to get more details.
              www. google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/features.html

Comment

I have seen there's a great difference in 'keyword framing' structure from region to region. People from different regions use different keywords. Usually long tailed keywords are used for non English speaking parts of world.
                Yes, as Paul recommended Google Analytics is a better tool which is reliable and much more helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pongers View Post
                  Usually long tailed keywords are used for non English speaking parts of world.
                  Thanks for the insight, I was not aware about this.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                    Thanks for the insight, I was not aware about this.
                    You are welcome Mr Paul, It's a proven fact !!
                    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                      It's a proven fact !!
                      Sorry, I've very little knowledge about SEO and not aware about this, thanks for making it clear.
                      Last edited by paul; 12-03-10, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X