set password for emails accounts using cPanel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set password for emails accounts using cPanel

I'm sure it's me and I can't find it on my cPanel hosting account, but how do I set up a password for my emails accounts?

I have created 3 email accounts but I need to set their password to what they were before the migration. These are family account, that's why I do know the passwords.

Thanks
    Giulio

Usually when you setup an email account you would enter a password at the same time. But if you are migrating then just setup a new password, and be sure to alter the one on your email program (which I assume you use to retrieve the emails)
    Web Design Services

Comment

Hello Giulio,

It is not possible to set the passwords for the email accounts as the same you had before migration. However, you can reset the passwords of the same email accounts.

For this purpose, you can login into cPanel and then go to Email accounts in which you will find an option to "Change Password" against all the email accounts you have in cPanel.

Once you select the option and change the passwords, the passwords for the email accounts will be changed.
      Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
      Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

I don't understand. Are you saying I will have the same passwords for all email accounts? And that I cannot choose it?

Comment

Sorry, everybody. I must have missed it the first time. "Change password" is right there, duh

Anyway, I have changed the passwords and I'm now happy. Thanks again

Comment

Glad you got it working!

Please feel free to post here, if you have any queries related to website hosting . We would be glad to assist you you.

Comment

Originally posted by gt1969 View Post
              Sorry, everybody. I must have missed it the first time. "Change password" is right there, duh

Anyway, I have changed the passwords and I'm now happy. Thanks again
              Hi Giulio,

That's not a problem

We are glad to know that you have found the option of Change Password.

Please feel free to post if you need any further assistance.
              Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
              Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X