Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between email forwarding and an actual POP3 email account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanersone
    replied
    Nice piece of information, thanks to post Bryan

Hope it will be helpful for many others.

Leave a comment:

• What is the difference between email forwarding and an actual POP3 email account?

What is the difference between email forwarding and an actual POP3 email account?

Email forwarding is just a redirection to an email written to your domain name (i.e. [email protected]) to a true POP3 email account (i.e. sales [@] webhosting.uk.com).
    With a POP3 email account, the email sent to your domain name (i.e. [email protected]) will go into your domain name's in-box, allowing you to reply from the same email address.

Email Forwarding FAQs

Is the Email forwarding service the same as an actual POP3 account?
    No, the Email forwarding service is a simple "alias" mail forwarding service that will forward your e-mail on the domain name to an actual POP3 account.

When I go to enter my email addresses on the third level domain information page, only a few blanks lines appear even though you say I can have 100 email addresses. Why?
    Initially, only 3 lines appear for you to enter your email addresses in. If you use the available lines and click "Modify", then more lines will automatically appear the next time that you load this page.

How do I forward many email aliases to one email addresses? or even everything!
    Just use the amazing star "*" record! This record is ready for you to be used. This is a "catch all" option, which means it will catch all the emails not already listed and forward them to a single email address.

What is the difference between MXE (Mail Easy) records and MX records?
    MXE (Mail Easy) is only for use when forwarding-mail to an IP address (i.e. 209.19.56.20)
    MX is used when forwarding e-mail to a mail server name i.e. mail.mailserver.com.
    NOTE: the dot "." At the end of the mail server name. You MUST include a dot at the end of any mail server name.
Working...
X