Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is cloud hosting good for E commerce website (online store)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoanderson120 View Post
    e-commerce websites are usually very resource intensive,...
    This needn't always be the case really.... There are optimization techniques that can help reduce the resource utilization which can help you keep your website performing at optimum levels keeping the expenditures low.

Is there any particular instance that you'd considered when you felt that your store was using too much resources? Please let us know so that we can take a look at it.....

Comment

Cloud would be a great option for online stores according to me. These sites need to be up at all times and since cloud has this reliability tag on it, would be very beneficial for an online store. Then cloud being scalable adds more to it. Downtime for online stores is terrible, you may just end up losing orders and existing customers too.

Comment

Cloud is a good option for a e-commerce based website. We have one of our customers who has been using an account under our VPS server for his online store website. We haven't come across any complaints regarding speed or downtime. So as long as the account has enough resources allocated, I believe it should be just fine on the normal hosting too. But then as mentioned in the above posts I see Cloud is really beneficial for a e-commerce website. I personally like the scalable feature that comes with cloud. In minutes the website can have extra resources added and cover up the spikes in usages

Comment

Ecommerce websites used to run even before cloud was introduced Cloud can definitely be beneficial but then such sites are also fine on the traditional hosting plans like shared and virtual servers. If you choose a good host who don't overload their servers and have enough resources on their servers to cover up in case of high usages from any websites then you should also be fine to start with the traditional hosting plans.

Comment

Well, what you are saying is right to an extent. I would say that the decision of whether an eCommerce website should opt for cloud hosting or not should be based on the incoming traffic volume of the website. If it is a startup website, then it is perfectly alright to go in for a shared or a VPS hosting platform. As the incoming traffic volume and data increases on the website opting for a powerful hosting platform like cloud web hosting is important so that it never happens that your website is down because of overload.

Comment

Apart from being a scalable hosting platform, cloud hosting also provides with better security. When it comes to an eCommerce website, customer information is a critical aspect that has to be protected. Data protection in a cloud platform is highly effective. You can rely on the cloud technology to store the customer data and keep it safe as well.

Comment

Cloud hosting is the good choice for eCommerce website.because cloud hosting provide 99.9% up time, better page load time and security . if you are looking cloud service providers in uk than go with cloudyit.co.uk
                Last edited by jihnsiepen56; 11-03-16, 09:19 AM.

Comment

yes cloud hosting is beneficial for eCommerce because if a website get a hug traffic during the festive season then your website will not experience any down time if your website is on cloud server. Because cloud has an ability to auto scale the resources in the real time.

Comment

Working...
                  X