Cloud server down yet again.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud server down yet again.........

I have been with Web Hosting UK for about a year now and I have to say the server appears to be going from bad to worse. We started off on the Linux VPS product which was OK for a while but then just started to get slower and slower. After complaining we were told that the Cloud product would be more suitable so we make the change (and paid for 6 months up front). Initially the new service was excellent however sadly it then started to perform slowly again and even worse we've had a couple of instances recently of our VM has just been powered off for now apparent reason.

Today at about 13:00Hrs the server went offline again and despite asking and checking the status page I cannot get any answers as to when it's likely to be available again. This is crazy in a service purporting to offer 100% uptime. I have clients screaming at me because their sites are down (again) and I cannot give them any answers, it could be back in minutes, it could be days.....I just don't know!

Please, please if there is anyone at Web Hosting UK reading this SORT OUT YOUR SERVICE LEVELS! I love your products and prices but I simply can't live with the appalling service.

Im in the same boat, support are unable to give me a time to when it will be back up and running. I have had a few issues where the 100% service has failied but still dont understand why the other services/servers dont take over.

Comment

back up and running now but was down for 5 hours!!
      Last edited by solarsystems; 17-07-11, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. There were some file system problem on the Cluster3-Lun1 on VMwarecluster3 due to which some VMs were not accessible. Our Admins will investigate the issue and update you on the same. We appreciate your patience till then. You can check the below link for more details.

Storage problem with Cluster3-Lun1 on VMwarecluster3 - whuk-status.com
        Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server | Webhosting UK Affiliate

Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the update however I think you will understand our frustrations at having 5 hours of downtime on a service which is supposed to be high availability. I look forward to a more detailed analysis of the problem and method by which you can prevent it from happening again.......maybe replicated storage would be a good idea?

Out of interest under the terms of your 100% uptime guarantee that you promote so heavily on your homepage what recompense will we get for the outage?

Comment

Originally posted by solarsystems View Post
            back up and running now but was down for 5 hours!!
            Don't I know it......I'm not looking forward to some of the conversations I'll have to have with clients on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by solarsystems View Post
              Im in the same boat, support are unable to give me a time to when it will be back up and running. I have had a few issues where the 100% service has failied but still dont understand why the other services/servers dont take over.
              Hi,

What you are referring to is hardware failover. This is a very easy thing to do and it just means a reboot will occur when hardware dies. It has happened both on the host side and storage side a few times this year. You don't notice it because it works.

This issue was related to the actual file system. Having redundant storage is somewhat useless if the physical file system in use has problems. They are very rare, but they can happen. We are still liasing with our storage system vendor in regards to this and it is too early for us to give an official explanation.

The actual problem was fixed in around an hour, but having that large amount of VMs suddenly lose their storage creates massive problems. Some VMs are fine, some need a reboot, some need someone watching a console to the console and some just boot up and then nothing works inside. To add to this our main vcenter (management server) had a corrupt sql database during this crisis which meant navigating around impacted VMs was very difficult.

More will follow tomorrow when we have a more official explanation.

Comment

My cloud hosting is down, due to what i'm being told is "storage issue on the cloud server" - Surely you can get storage sorted pretty easily??

What recompense is there under the 100% uptime on the cloud hosting
                http://www.iphoneinsurance.mobi

Comment

I've asked the question about compensation on a live chat and this was the surprise reply:

me: "will there be a compensation under the 100% uptime on the cloud server you advertise?"

Vincent: Actually the server is not down the storage of the server gone under ready only that's why it is not retrieving the pages for the websites

Is someone at WHUK going to take ownership? - an apology does not cover the fact that I'm losing income and my customers are going to expect compensation from me

Comment

My cloud package is 109.203.107.127 and is off for 6 hours now. I have asked support and they do not know how much time is needed. I am sure your technicians have enough experience to estimate the time. Can you please tell me what is going on? In your status page you are talking about fsck but 4 hours passed since then. Please inform me (us) about what is EXACTLY going on because i start to panic.

Comment

Hi,

You will receive compensation for the downtime you have experienced. We do need to evaluate what has caused this issue before deciding on compensation amount. Rest assured that we will contact everyone effected by this problem as soon as a decision is made.

Comment

ok apart from compensation what is going on regarding the issue i am mentioning above? Is it going to take the whole day?

Comment

Originally posted by yello View Post
                          ok apart from compensation what is going on regarding the issue i am mentioning above? Is it going to take the whole day?
                          Hello,

I'm looking at yours now. No, it won't be all day.

Comment

VMwarecluster2 &4 - euk-status.com
                            this states it's fixed, but my sites are still down -

Ps - the time on the update page is 1 hour out

Comment

109.203.107.127 is still not working!

Comment

Working...
                              X