Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS?

Hello all,

While searching about cloud technology, I came across the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Nowadays most of the people are aware of these terms “SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS”, right? But I still, get confused? Can anyone give me the details explanation about these technologies?

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
    Hello all,

While searching about cloud technology, I came across the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Nowadays most of the people are aware of these terms “SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS”, right? But I still, get confused? Can anyone give me the details explanation about these technologies?
    IaaS, PaaS & SaaS are three Cloud computing models popular in an internet.
    • What is IaaS?
    IaaS means Infrastructure as a service. It give the infrastructure such as virtual machines and other resources like virtual-machine disks, block, and file-based storage, firewalls, load balancers, IP addresses, virtual local area networks etc.
    • What is PaaS?
    PaaS means platform as a service, PaaS model provides you computing platforms which typically includes OS, database, web server.
    • What is SaaS?
    SaaS means Software as a service. In that, you don’t have to worry about installation, maintenance or coding of that software. You can access and use the software using your browser.

You can select the platform, as per your requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
      Hello all,

Hey Aiden,

(PaaS) Platform as a Service, it is between SaaS and IaaS and also it is one of the most flexible and robust platforms. It is used whenever you require the development of a cloud application without worrying about the servers, software installation, and infrastructure. In short, it is basically used to design the application instantly and efficiently. It can be available on both the private and the public cloud.

Features of the (PaaS) Platform as a Service:
      • Basically designed for testing, application development, and implementation.
      • Accessibility
      • Scalability
      • Security
      • Process automation
      • Integration of Web services and database.
      You can check this article to know more about PaaS: https://www.webhosting.uk.com/blog/p...e-enterprises/

Comment

Hello,

IaaS means Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) is the most simplistic form of cloud computing, as it is the same as just you choose the vendor for your business. Simply put, IaaS is where a third party environment, it gives highly automated and scalable IT infrastructures like storage, hosting, networking, etc and only charges for what you use. So my advice is rather than owning assets like software licenses or servers, companies can simply rent resources according to their requirements.

Comment

Hey,

PaaS Means Platform-as-a-Service, The advantage of using PaaS to your business is that it allows you to build new things faster. PaaS developed on top of virtualization technology. Business can demand resources as they require them, scaling as demand increases, rather than spending in hardware with additional resources.

Comment

Hello,

PaaS (Platform as a Service), it provides cloud computing platforms. Comes with the platform where you can code, create applications and also deploy applications, this type of service is called PaaS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post

Hey Aiden,

(PaaS) Platform as a Service, it is between SaaS and IaaS and also it is one of the most flexible and robust platforms. It is used whenever you require the development of a cloud application without worrying about the servers, software installation, and infrastructure. In short, it is basically used to design the application instantly and efficiently. It can be available on both the private and the public cloud.

• Accessibility
              • Scalability
              • Security
              • Process automation
              You can check this article to know more about PaaS: https://www.webhosting.uk.com/blog/p...e-enterprises/
              Hello,

Rodney, you have shared a nice article. After reading this article, now I can understand what is actually PaaS and how it operates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake_J View Post

IaaS, PaaS & SaaS are three Cloud computing models popular in an internet.
                • What is IaaS?
                IaaS means Infrastructure as a service. It give the infrastructure such as virtual machines and other resources like virtual-machine disks, block, and file-based storage, firewalls, load balancers, IP addresses, virtual local area networks etc.
                • What is PaaS?
                PaaS means platform as a service, PaaS model provides you computing platforms which typically includes OS, database, web server.
                • What is SaaS?
                SaaS means Software as a service. In that, you don’t have to worry about installation, maintenance or coding of that software. You can access and use the software using your browser.

You can select the platform, as per your requirements.
                Hey Jake, you have shared very informative and beneficial information about all of the three platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post

Hey Aiden,

• Accessibility
                  • Scalability
                  • Security
                  • Process automation
                  Hey, you have shared a piece of good information. I have also checked the shared article. It is also good to know more PaaS.

Comment

Working...
                  X