Difference between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS

I just know that there are three different aspect with in cloud hosting platform IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, i justed neeed to know the difference between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and what types of services can be developed for cloud web hosting platform ?

With the maturing of cloud computing, the terms IaaS, PaaS and SaaS are increasingly common in IT.

They are terms that mean :

IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service
    Infrastructure includes provisioning of virtual machines in which the developer has control of its management, allowing the storage and execution of a wide variety of applications.

PaaS - Platform as a Service
    Platform is an environment for the development of custom applications. Usually they are environments that provide a set of primitives for which an application has a greater scalability.

SaaS - Software as a Service
    Software (as a Service) is a software developed specifically and available via the Internet.

Comment

Here are very basic definitions on these terms such as IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service, PaaS - Platform as a Service, SaaS - Software as a Service are some of the basic points where you can find the information what you required. There are some examples which can be set in front of all,on how they can be utilized.

What they all have in common is that they are all scalable, on-demand, cost effective and secure. They are completely managed so that the end user can focus on their business rather than maintaining their software, applications or hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by crystal View Post
        I just know that there are three different aspect with in cloud hosting platform IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, i justed neeed to know the difference between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and what types of services can be developed for cloud web hosting platform ?
        Here are some basic level definitions on these terms and some examples of how they can be utilized. What they all have in common is that they are all scalable, on-demand, cost effective and secure. They are completely managed so that the end user can focus on their business rather than maintaining their software, applications or hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE View Post
          Here are some basic level definitions on these terms and some examples of how they can be utilized. What they all have in common is that they are all scalable, on-demand, cost effective and secure. They are completely managed so that the end user can focus on their business rather than maintaining their software, applications or hardware.
          SaaS #
          Software as a service :-
          Operating environment largely irrelevant fully functional application provided
          eg:-CRM ERP, emailing etc.

PaaS #
          Platform as a service :-
          Operating environmental include
          eg:- windows/.net ,linux/J2EE application of choice deployed

IaaS #
          Infrastructure as a service :-
          Virtual Platform on which required operating environment and application are deployed
          which includes storage as a service

Comment

Originally posted by crystal View Post
            There are many difference between the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS that make them the best as compared to other. PaaS helps the companies access to a pre-installed and integrated development environment without having to manage the hardware. IaaS offerings the enterprise to manage its rented infrastructure, but give the clients more operational flexibility. At last the SaaS offerings a different area as compared to the IaaS and PaaS. It can be divided into two main types: Hosted applications such as Google Apps for Business that deliver the software over web. I think these differences are good to understand the difference between these three.

Comment

Cloud computing services include Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS, Platform as a Service or PaaS, and Software as a Service or SaaS. Resource cloud or Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS delivers managed and scalable resources as services. Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS offers enhanced virtualization capabilities. Service cloud or Software as a Service or SaaS or application cloud delivers applications using a cloud infrastructure or platform. SaaS does not provide cloud features themselve. Platform as a Service or PaaS delivers computational resources through a platform upon which various types of applications and services can be developed and then hosted.

Comment

Working...
              X