What text editor do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What text editor do you use?

With a lot of WHUK customers being web developers and customers that design their own websites instead of commissioning a web developer to do it, what text editor do you use? On Windows I use Notepad++ and on Ubuntu I use SciTE. Though more recently I've been using the Terminal-based vim text editor - it's a really powerful text-based text editor and of course is completely free. It takes a bit of time to get used to but it's not bad at all! I would definitely recommend trying it out. If you have a VPS or dedicated server (Linux), you can use vim through SSH.

My operating system is Windows as well and I use Notepad as my text editor. I have always designed my websites creating the code myself ("raw code") in lieu of programs.

Comment

I think notepad++ is a very efficient text as it is user friendly and supports around 52 programming, scripting and markup languages. It also has the ability to detect the language automatically that is used by a given file by using a modifiable file. It also supports various plugins making it easier for the webmasters to create a website.
      WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Hosting UKDedicated Server UK
      Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

I use Notepad but it's the older version. I'd like to start using one that allows you to highlight some of the code in differen colors. That would make it a bit easier if that's a feature that's available in the text editors.

Comment

I am using notepad and it is very helpful for my works.
          Last edited by Ross; 14-09-11, 10:19 AM. Reason: Self Promotion

Comment

I work only on Windows, and I use Crimson Editor and Notepad++. They are both quite efficient, but I prefer the former because I've been using it for a longer time than Notepad++. However, I don't have any complaints against the latter either.

Comment

As a long-time Windows user, I've also used Notepad for many years. I've heard that Crimson Editor is a very good open source text editor. Bluefish Editor is another one that I've considered trying.

Comment

There are many text editors are available to write or design various dynamic applications. As my personal experience notepad++ is the best text editor which is open source so easily available. The main thing to use notepad++ is that it supports various kind of plugins to design web applications.

Comment

Working...
                X