Content or Videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content or Videos?

I wanted to create a website for selling home appliances online. Before I decide the layout of this website, I would like to know that product information should be given in the form of text or videos? I thought of adding videos but I also donít want to reduce the speed of the website with videos. Please suggest something.

Why don't you use both text and videos? Some internet users like reading text while the others prefer to watch videos. You don't need to worry about the speed as you can host the videos on another company like Youtube.

Comment

I prefer textual content myself. I am OK with watching videos but I learn faster by reading text than watching videos. But I think it is a good idea to provide your users both content and videos.

Comment

I'm with Wallstone. I much prefer the written word. If you include a lot of instructional text, people might be inclined to print out the page from your website. That could help your visitors remember your site when your website URL is printed on the page.

Comment

You could start your own Youtube channel for your product informational videos. Won't Youtube let you link to your website anywhere on their site? I believe you can and that should really help your traffic.

Comment

My suggestion also is to use both text and video. You could streamline the process by transcribing the video and putting the text on your website. Youtube has multiple options for embedding the link on your site or linking directly to Youtube.

Comment

At the end of each video, let Youtube viewers know that they can find a written transcript of the video on your website. A written explanation can enhance a visual demonstration and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
              X