all traffic from search engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all traffic from search engines?

I am not a sales-oriented person by any means and am not particularly suited to networking. Is it reasonable to expect to get all of your traffic through search engines? I would be prepared to produce a large amount of content over time and learn the methods for keyword research.

A large part of the traffic comes from the search engines. Content and keywords have their own importance too. Unique content and rich use of keywords surely gives online recognition to any website. Apart from focusing on content and keywords it is also essential to adopt the online marketing strategies like article writing, blogging, social bookmarking and maintaining a presence on forums and social networking websites for getting more traffic from the search engines.
    WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Hosting UKDedicated Server UK
    Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

I completely agree with Rachael. And I do not have what you might call a "marketing personality", but find that it is easy to network on the web through basic writing skills. Also, once you start getting traffic from non-search engine marketing methods, you will most likely see a resulting increase in your search engine traffic.

Comment

It's true about the "content is king" expression regarding websites. That being said, you have to produce an enormous amount of content to gain the same amount of traffic that you could have with a smaller amount of content combined with other site marketing strategies.

Comment

Yes, I think most traffic comes from search engines. However, other means of promotion could also help, and there are some free ones around. For example, if you're a blogs reader and commentator, you can get some good traffic by posting do-follow links in the URL bar of the blog comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowbar View Post
            For example, if you're a blogs reader and commentator, you can get some good traffic by posting do-follow links in the URL bar of the blog comments.
            Yes, relevant and helpful comments on blog articles will certainly help you in getting traffic
            to your website, just take care that your comment should be unique and relevant to post else blog owner will delete your comment and may mark it as a spam
            UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
            Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

You can also get quality traffic with article marketing. I find it an extremely efficient way to get traffic and backlinks. Incorporate appropriate keywords and well written articles can provide with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowbar View Post
                For example, if you're a blogs reader and commentator, you can get some good traffic by posting do-follow links in the URL bar of the blog comments.
                Are most blog comment sections set up for do follow links? Actually, if my information is correct, links are do follow unless you specify no follow. In other words, the default is to follow the links.

Comment

I think it depends on the website. Every website will have different coding of the links. However I do agree that generally most of the websites are do follow websites.

Comment

If you wish to drive traffic from search engines to your website, you will have to concentrate on the content of your website first and then look for techniques to get good rankings for keywords on search engines. If you don't get good rankings, it would be very difficult for you to get good amount of traffic from search engines.

Comment

You can get a good amount of traffic from search engines but don't expect a lot of it from the search engines only as it largely depends on the rankings of your keywords which are subject to change anytime. You should try and get backlinks for your website from other high traffic websites as this is also a very good source of traffic.

Comment

I agree, getting backlinks to your website is a good way of getting traffic to your website. However it is essential to check the page rank and domain authority of the websites from where you are getting the backlinks otherwise they would not be of any use; the domain authority should be 50 and above. Moreover the links should be dofollow backlinks so that they are recognized in the major search engines.
                        WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Hosting UKDedicated Server UK
                        Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
                        X