Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between HTML and XML Sitemap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake_J View Post
    Hello,

As an SEO and Google point of view, both sitemaps are important and preferred.
    • HTML Sitemap: It is easily available for the user and crawler. All visitors can see an HTML sitemap of the website. Usually, eCommerce sites like Amazon, or Flipkart has HTML sitemap on their websites. It does not tell the last modification to the user as well as a crawler.
    • XML Sitemap: It is an XML file which is prepared for the web crawler only not for the user. This XML file is uploaded into the root directory of the website. It tells the crawler how many pages are present on your website. It also tells the last modification of webpages and frequency of modification and timing to the crawler.

Yes, HTML is useful for user navigation and XML sitemap is used to crawl your website easily by search engines crawlers.

Leave a comment:

• Connor
    replied
    Thank you guys for sharing such a piece of good and beneficial information.

Leave a comment:

• Jake_J
    replied
    Originally posted by Sven View Post

Hey, Jake, you have nicely explained all the term in very simple language. Now anyone easily understands the basic difference between HTML and XML sitemap.
    Thank you Sven for appreciating my knowledge. Actually, this is a very basic thing in SEO.

Leave a comment:

• Sven
    replied
    Hello,

• HTML Sitemap: It is easily available for the user and crawler. All visitors can see an HTML sitemap of the website. Usually, eCommerce sites like Amazon, or Flipkart has HTML sitemap on their websites. It does not tell the last modification to the user as well as a crawler.
    • XML Sitemap: It is an XML file which is prepared for the web crawler only not for the user. This XML file is uploaded into the root directory of the website. It tells the crawler how many pages are present on your website. It also tells the last modification of webpages and frequency of modification and timing to the crawler.

Hey, Jake, you have nicely explained all the term in very simple language. Now anyone easily understands the basic difference between HTML and XML sitemap.

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied
    Hello,

In simple language, XML is primarily used for the search engines while HTML is written for the visitors. An XML sitemap protocol is specifically designed for search engine crawlers/spiders.

Leave a comment:

• Elliott
    replied
    Originally posted by Connor View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the actual difference between HTML sitemap and XML sitemap? I have uploaded XML sitemap of my website but not getting the concept of HTML sitemap.
    An XML sitemap is for the crawler to tell them to prefer these webpages to crawl and index as per their preferences. After robots.txt it's the second file that crawlers look for.
    HTML sitemap is for user-friendliness it helps visitors to navigate to your website from any page to anywhere just by reaching your HTML or viewable sitemap.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney
    replied
    Hello,

Hey, Jake I am totally agree with that explanation.

An XML sitemap is useful to index your website URL in the Google SERP and HTML sitemap helps to navigate the visitor properly. It also helps to reduce the bounce of the website.

Leave a comment:

• Jake_J
    replied
    Hello,

Leave a comment:

• Connor
    started a topic Difference between HTML and XML Sitemap?

Difference between HTML and XML Sitemap?

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the actual difference between HTML sitemap and XML sitemap? I have uploaded XML sitemap of my website but not getting the concept of HTML sitemap.
Working...
X