Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business at different locations

Hi,

I have a business based at two different locations. I want to setup a website for them but both the stores will be using same website and also the products displayed on website will be same. Once there is an order from the customer, the closest store will be shipping the item to the customer. But the order placed should be viewed only by that location from where the order is placed. Is there any system to handle this type of requirement? Both paid or opensource software will do. Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by Patricia View Post
    Hi,

I have a business based at two different locations. I want to setup a website for them but both the stores will be using same website and also the products displayed on website will be same. Once there is an order from the customer, the closest store will be shipping the item to the customer. But the order placed should be viewed only by that location from where the order is placed. Is there any system to handle this type of requirement? Both paid or opensource software will do. Any help will be appreciated.
    Hi Patricia,

You can choose the Magento shopping cart platform for setting up your e-store. There is Magento's Enterprise Edition which offers you flexibility and features to fulfill your requirements of an online store.

Comment

Hello Patricia,

As I understand, your estore would be a single website. Whereas the order processing would be done separately, correct me if I'm wrong. In that case you'd need to talk to your developer to make such an arrangement for you in the cart software.

Yes, as suggested by Paula, Magento should be the right choice for setting up your online store. I'd also suggest you to talk to your developer and check for any particular server level settings if necessary and let us know.

Comment

Thanks Stan.

I will surely talk with my developer about making the required arrangement in the cart software. But can you suggest me any other shopping cart that might fulfill my requirement?

Comment

Prestashop has an addon that allows you to set it the way you need it. You can check their website for more information on this.

Comment

Thats really good information. I wasn't aware of this Geoip feature in shopping carts. I get to learn so much on this forums.

Comment

Working...
            X