Selecting the right shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting the right shopping cart

I have a photographer friend whose website processes online orders with a simple eCommerce hosting platform that meets the website requirements. He gets an email notification for every order. After this he has to log in, retrieve the order and credit card information and then he processes the orders manually, this is how he prefers it. None of the payment gateways are used.

I am planning to make some changes in this website. Preferably I will be using a Joomla or a Magento CMS with the new hosting package and I am planning to integrate either VirtualMart or OSCommerce. Before doing this I have some questions in mind:
    • Which shopping cart will be the better option?
    • Which one is easier to integrate?
    • Will it be possible for my friend to process the orders manually or is it necessary to use a payment gateway to process the credit card orders automatically?

I would be grateful for any suggestions

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
    I have a photographer friend whose website processes online orders with a simple eCommerce hosting platform that meets the website requirements. He gets an email notification for every order. After this he has to log in, retrieve the order and credit card information and then he processes the orders manually, this is how he prefers it. None of the payment gateways are used.

I am planning to make some changes in this website. Preferably I will be using a Joomla or a Magento CMS with the new hosting package and I am planning to integrate either VirtualMart or OSCommerce. Before doing this I have some questions in mind:
    • Which shopping cart will be the better option?
    • Which one is easier to integrate?
    • Will it be possible for my friend to process the orders manually or is it necessary to use a payment gateway to process the credit card orders automatically?

I would be grateful for any suggestions
    Hi Chandler,
    The shopping carts you are thinking to integrate are best. Both are easy to integrate but as per your question about payment gateway in OSCommerce you get an add-on which makes it easy for you to process the orders. Hope this would be helpful for you.

Comment

Hi Chandler,

For assisting you in a more simple manner I would like to know how does your friend wants to process the orders - manually or automatically? As it's possible both ways. I have given you the solution for automatic process in the previous thread. Awaiting for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X