AdSense-what works best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdSense-what works best?

For anyone who has used AdSense, have you found that a particular layout performs better than others? Most sites seem to favor skyscrapers, both on the left and the right columns.

IMO, it all depends on layout of your webpage and content. You should place ad blocks in such a way that they get maximum exposure hence more clicks
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto £300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

I learned that on my website, both the placement and format I chose affect the performance of the ads. The medium rectangle within the main content performs the best on my website.

Comment

I have found the smaller individual ads to be a better fit for my site. However, the vertical blocks of ads obviously perform well for many sites. I assume they do anyway since they are so prevalent. Tracking ad performance for each individual site seems to be the key to success with Adsense.

Comment

I just read a marketing blog that said changing your Adsense background is not helpful to your CTR (clickthrough rate). This makes no sense to me. Why would Adsense have set up this feature if it wasn't beneficial? The rotating ad colors for Adsense are a good step to help clicks in my opinion.

Comment

I think the vertical blocks of ads look good, however it is also necessary to put relevant content in it in order to get maximum advantage. The content should be organized in such a way so that it doesn’t look cramped.

Comment

I think Google Adsense recommends the medium rectangle, wide skyscraper and leaderboard the most among the other formats. The leaderboard format performs pretty well on my website.

Comment

Working...
              X