Publishing Adsense and other contextual ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Adsense and other contextual ads

Do you publish Google Adsense ads along with contextual ads of other PPC companies like Bidvertiser? I think now it is possible to manage the publishing of the ads of both companies from your Adsense account.

No, I haven't combined AdSense with any other type of ads so far. I have used Bidvertiser for a while last year, but on a different site. It didn't turn out very profitable, so I sold the site and gave up my Bidvertiser account. Currently, I'm sticking to AdSense.

Comment

I don't put any textual ads other than Adsense ads on my website either. Adsense has a lot of customers and delivers tons of ads, offering most kinds of product and service your visitors may need.

Comment

As far as contextual ads are concerned, I put only Adsense ads on my website. I don't want to distract my visitors with the ads of other companies, which would just earn me a few pennies per click.

Comment

I have never used anything other than Adsense, but I don't think other options allow for as much flexibility in layout and colors. Having the option to make frequent changes to color schemes and placement can make a big difference in ad performance.

Comment

When I just started my first blog, I was excited with the fact that I could "easily" monetize the blog by publishing contextual ads, so I put ads from Adsense, Bidvertiser and Adbrite there. It didn't work as I expected before. I ended up removing the ads and leaving just Adsense ads there.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that Adsense is the best of its genre. Contextual ads lose their benefit, from what I've observed, if they can't be customized for the website on which they're placed. Adsense is the only contextual ad provider, as far as I know, that provides this feature.

Comment

I think Google Adsense is the best of all because it provides complete control over what is placed on your site along with easy ad and search placement. You can make sure that the competitor ads don't appear and you can also put filters to block certain types of ads. It is also possible to review the ads and you can also choose default ads for your website.
                WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Web Hosting UKDedicated Server Hosting UK
                Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

Yes, Google Adsense is most popular and is widely used PPC program which offers you an potential to earn huge revenue.
                  Google recently announced that their total advertising revenue was USD$28 billion in 2010 through Adwords hence you can imagine the popularity of their advertising platform.
                  UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                  Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Google seems to continually work to improve the Adsense/Adwords programs. They recently discontinued about ten of their products that were apparently not feasible for them to continue offering. That tells me that they will focus even more on those that do work. Adsense is definitely one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by raleigh View Post
                      I've come to the conclusion that Adsense is the best of its genre. Contextual ads lose their benefit, from what I've observed, if they can't be customized for the website on which they're placed. Adsense is the only contextual ad provider, as far as I know, that provides this feature.
                      I agree with you about Adsense being the best of its type of ad. But Bidvertiser also provides the similar feature. You can customize the placement, formats, and colors of Bidvertiser's ads displayed on your website.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Google recently announced that their total advertising revenue was USD$28 billion in 2010 through Adwords hence you can imagine the popularity of their advertising platform.
                        Wow! I cannot imagine how much it is. Unfortunately Google doesn't share its revenue so much with me. Of course its just my website neither getting so much traffic and nor well optimized for Adsense yet.

Comment

You need a considerable amount of traffic to do well with Adsense. It's even more difficult now with Adsense on so many sites. Partly for that reason, text ads are much less effective than they were when Adsense first began. They're just another form of ads, maybe more common than image ads.

Comment

That's a good point Garbo. In the past contextual ads might be effective because they were new, and not so many people were aware that they are ads. But now everybody publishes this kind of ads on his website.

Comment

Working...
                            X