Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Am I Losing? (Offering paypal as my only payment solution)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Am I Losing? (Offering paypal as my only payment solution)

Hello,

Currently I am working hard towards getting a merchant account for my e-commerce store (diet supplements). My average customer is 24-35 year old female. Do any of you guys know from experience approximately how much of the sales am I losing offering only Paypal?

Thanks!

In your niche it's hard to say really. When I was selling something I shouldn't have been I was losing approximately 30% (tracked where people decided not to order) because some people are just not familiar with PayPal and don't like leaving the site they're on to make a payment. But my niche was clothing, and my audience was women between 22-50 so that may be a reason.

I'm not sure what your market looks like, they may be more accustomed to using PayPal for their purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac View Post
      Hello,

Currently I am working hard towards getting a merchant account for my e-commerce store (diet supplements). My average customer is 24-35 year old female. Do any of you guys know from experience approximately how much of the sales am I losing offering only Paypal?

Thanks!
      I would suggest Authorize as a payment processor and it will make it to where your customers can buy directly from your shop and never have to leave it to process the payments.

A couple years ago I was in pharma sales and that was the payment processor I used.

Comment

I offer Paypal only and I can only recall a handful of cases a year, at most, with people that either can't or refuse to use Paypal. Most often, I've helped them find a way around their issues, and if all else fails, I've even taken money orders on request. Paypal certainly is the easiest way, and although I've heard many horror stories, I haven't had any major issues with them.

Comment

A lot of people have Paypal accounts, why don't you integrate more payment methods?

Comment

Working...
          X