Business in Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business in Dubai

Dubai offers businessmen operating conditions that are among the most liberal and attractive in the region, check this article if you want to set-up your business in Dubai, it has some good info;
    " datadubai.com/about-dubai/business/setting-up-businesses-in-dubai "

I have a feeling Paul that you are thinking of migrating to Dubai in the future. Do let me know if you have a plan maybe we could do something in joint venture
    "Don't be so open minded; your brains might fall out"

Comment

This would be 'liberal and attractive' for the Middle East region then? A region not exactly famous for being liberal
      homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto ... ( just Google it )

Comment

I think may be they are trying to change their image now for good things to happen in the Middle East region. There has been a lot of investment done by foreigners recently for which they also get attractive government subsidies.
        "Don't be so open minded; your brains might fall out"

Comment

That doesn't help the UAEs poor human rights record though - or the fact that it's people have no democratic representation. When foreign companies or individuals invest in countries they tacitly support their regimes - whether good or bad.

Comment

Chris, Cheers! You are welcome.

Kev, I think it's nothing wrong supporting them tactfully, as we are in business and boldness in business is 1st, 2nd and last thing. I have gone this document of report on Human Right, nothing seems harder to implement;
            " state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2006/78865.htm "

Comment

Actually it was tacitly not tactfully

On the basis that business is what counts not ethics does that mean you would be happy doing business in any country regardless of their position on human rights?

Comment

Then I should look for south-west of Great Britain, preferebly Wales.
                Last edited by paul; 19-03-07, 11:16 AM.

Comment

What has been Advertised about Dubai is false. People over there are not Intelligent enough but they are good. Government of UAE should not be compared with Taliban or Saddam's regime.

Questions over here is that would you like to setup an office in Dubai and my answer is no

Its not worth to employ someone over there and do Market research when the population over there is quite limited and our business depends on volume of signups. It is possible that we can make some rich people over there to signup for costly plans but time and efforts are needed to explore those options.
                  Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                  AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                  Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Well I wasn't comparing them to the Taliban but it is true that there is no representative democracy in the UAE.

It's not fair to say that people in the UAE aren't intelligent enough surely? You could say that they aren't educated but you can't call them unintelligent.

Comment

I know many customers from UAE and they are not as good as we are with business or technical knowledge. Even they accept this fact but they are very rich due to black gold they have and they don't mind if anyone calls them unintelligent
                      Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                      AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                      Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

I was talking to gather view of starting new business at Dubai not to move any established company there, secondly I dont think they are unintelligent, IMHO, you can find few less tech savvy ppl around the globe, certainly that could not be rational way to consider any country unintelligent.
                        Last edited by paul; 20-03-07, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization in Dubai or anywhere else really needs to focus on two important areas: 1) Optimization of the website itself 2) Ongoing linkbuilding. You really need to do both to get success with your SEO campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasvilleam View Post
                            Search Engine Optimization in Dubai or anywhere else really needs to focus on two important areas: 1) Optimization of the website itself 2) Ongoing linkbuilding. You really need to do both to get success with your SEO campaign.
                            You have really picked the old thread; near to 4 years old.

I think you haven't read the posts and discussion. Where did SEO come from?

Comment

I think this thread should probably be looked. Probably someone who wanted to bring Dubai back up. It is still a moot point. Dubai is growing so fast that they can not support themselves with their own resources, and that includes water. The whole thing could self destruct.

Comment

Working...
                              X