Importance of directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importance of directories

I am under the impression that submitting your site to directories is more of a long term thing. But in the big picture, what is the importance of submitting your site to a directory?

You said the importance of a directory. If you are going to submit your site you either need to pay for a major directory listing, however if you go the free way, one will not do. You should submit your link to as many as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceTin View Post
      I am under the impression that submitting your site to directories is more of a long term thing. But in the big picture, what is the importance of submitting your site to a directory?
      You can consider Directory Submission as a traditional way for getting backlinks to your website. Webmasters still prefer to spend some time on submitting their websites on fresh, targeted, moderated directories to gain FREE backlink
      UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
      Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

You will not only get Free Backlinks but also Free Traffic. It is important that your site is submitted to niche directories otherwise you may not have targeted traffic.

Comment

If done on regular basis and targeting a set of directories, you can get good PR and traffic. It is important that you are doing regularly. There are few sites offering this service and submitting to more than 10K directories in a month. What after the month ends? One should take care that it doesn't look spam for Google, else Google, the Big-G might punish you and the efforts may go useless.

Comment

I personally see no benefit from directory submissions. You cannot expect much traffic..

You should considering submitting your website in some popular one's like DMOZ and others.

Comment

You can get some back links from directory submission. There are also some tools for directory submission that allow to automate submissions

Comment

Yes, you can while you can fetch some back links you should make sure you post the website in quality directories. Quality directories play a good role in getting some back links.

Comment

Originally posted by neoanderson120 View Post
                  I personally see no benefit from directory submissions. You cannot expect much traffic..

You should considering submitting your website in some popular one's like DMOZ and others.
                  That's right, directory submission was PAST !
                  New and more reliable sources have jumped up for getting traffic to your website....
                  eg.. social bookmarking websites !!!
                  Not too sure if DMOZ is still active and reliable, DMOZ had faced some major issues in the past.

Comment

Hello,
                    submitting your site to directories is a highly efficient tactics in link building if to do it right. When submitting u should choose between paid and free directories. Here pros and cons are obvious. Submiting in paid directories will bring u quicker results. If u choose free ones, pay attention to their page rank or domain authority.
                    Good luck

Comment

Right, not all but some of those do get you quality back links for your website. While you cannot expect much from the free directories, there are some good paid directories available that you can consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
                        Right, not all but some of those do get you quality back links for your website. While you cannot expect much from the free directories, there are some good paid directories available that you can consider.
                        true.. some directories do get you quality backlinks especially the paid ones. I am too lazy to submit websites, a submission tool saves time

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie View Post
                          true.. some directories do get you quality backlinks especially the paid ones. I am too lazy to submit websites, a submission tool saves time
                          Auto Directory-submitter is not recommended rather fill in details manually, select most suitable category, with unique title and keywords etc.....

You may have to face issues with Google if they trace that your links is a PAID link.
                          Few months ago "Google penalised PAID links" was a hot topic of discussion and ppl were avoiding such PAID links
                          Last edited by Pongers; 10-12-10, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I was wondering what effect that Googles penalization of paid links had on directories, or even if they were included. Now that they are, I can see why some people have moved passed directories. Still the free way sounds alright.

Comment

It did not even occur to me that a paid directory counted as a paid link. What if you have a link on Google's directory, don't they make you pay for that. Surely they would not penalize you for something they had you pay them for!

Comment

Working...
                              X