cpanel to cPanel transfer fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpanel to cPanel transfer fees?

I am looking forward to place an order for a VPS with WebhostingUK but would like to know the cost for data migration. It would be a cpanel to cpanel data transfer of around 32 GB. I wish to have a minimal downtime.

Welcome to whuk community
    We are glad that you wish to order our fully managed VPS Hosting. Yes, our support team will certainly take care of the server setup and the data migration. We won't charge you extra for data migration. it's a part of our managed services.
    Regarding downtime - You will need to face the delay in the DNS propagation which varies (usually 12 - 24 hours) but if you keep your old server active after updating the DNS then you may not face any major downtime since your websites will resolves from either server.
    Kindly revert if you need more information and once you are done with the order. Cheers.
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

cpanel to cpanel transfer would be a seamless process and your webhost should assist you with the procedure if you are using managed hosting service. Once the data migration is completed you may update the nameservers in off peak hours when the traffic to your website is least to avoid any data loss.

Comment

How about the migration from cPanel to Plesk? Do you guys assist you that too or there are any charges?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed-Pryce View Post
          How about the migration from cPanel to Plesk? Do you guys assist you that too or there are any charges?
          We do assist with cPanel to Plesk migrations however migration isn't as straightforward or seamless like in case of cPanel/WHM to cPanel/WHM. Depending upon the number of sites and total size of data to be migrated, there may be a nominal charge payable.

Comment

Plesk had a migration tool in the old versions, I am not sure if the new version has it. But as mentioned earlier by Ryan it may not be straightforward & seamless. I will recommend that you use the same control panel on the new server too. Migrations are smooth with control panels being same on both servers.

Comment

Originally posted by davedj View Post
              Plesk had a migration tool in the old versions, I am not sure if the new version has it.
              Hello Dave,

You are right, Plesk did have such a tool in the old version, they've continued the same in the recent versions as well. BUT unfortunately, the migration isn't as seamless as we expect it to be OR how Parrallels claim it to be. Therefore, if a client demands migrating an old cpanel server to a plesk server, we charge them with a nominal fees as everything needs to be migrated manually.

Comment

The cpanel to cpanel transfer does it also move emails along with their respective mailboxes?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisJ View Post
                  The cpanel to cpanel transfer does it also move emails along with their respective mailboxes?
                  Yes it does cPanel allows a full data move so it includes emails, databases, logins, files everything.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                    I am about to upgrade my Linux reseller account to VPS and I want to migrate my emails and mailboxes on my own just to be sure I don't lose any of them. Can anyone help me how to do it?

Comment

Hello SparkFussion,

I will suggest you to simply take a copy /home/username/mail and home/username/etc folders to the new server. Infact you should just copy /home/username to your new server for all of the content.

I still believe that even if you take the entire backup of your account and then do the migration there will still be few incoming mails while migration which will be stored on your old server, so I will suggest you to take the backup of your account first and then restore it on your new server. Once the account is completely migrated on your new server you can sync the /home/username/mail folder to your new server so that all your emails will be available on your new server without any lose. I hope this works for you
                      Last edited by Rowan; 04-12-14, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Hello SparkFussion,
                        I hope by now you must have done with the package upgrade process if it's still in progress you may take help of our support team to initiate the data migration. You may raise a support ticket for account migration once your new server is set active and relax until you get further updates from our support team
                        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                        X