DNS Checking Website - 3 Fails ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Checking Website - 3 Fails ?

Hello all, I have been checking my sever through a site called dnsstuff.com and its showing 3 Fails which are below... I have been having mail issues recently and would like to know if these Fails are cause for concern? thanks for any help on this.
    mrix2000

FAIL
    Acceptance of postmaster Mailserver rejected mail to postmaster. Mailservers are required by RFC822 6.3, RFC1123 5.2.7, and RFC2821 4.5.1 to have a valid postmaster address that is accepting mail. The Mailserver provided is:

213.175.223.9 | unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] | 550 No such person at this address
    FAIL
    Acceptance of abuse Mailserver rejected mail to abuse. Mailservers are required by RFC2142 Section 2 to have a valid abuse address that is accepting mail.

213.175.223.9 | unexpected response to [] | 451 Temporary local problem - please try later
    FAIL
    Open relay All mailservers appear to be open relays. This should be fixed as soon as possible, as these mail servers are open to exploitation by third parties to deliver unauthorized email. Your mail servers should only relay mail for domains they are authoritative for.

213.175.223.9 | unexpected response to [] | 451 Temporary local problem - please try later

Hello,

451 message usually derived from DNS problems.I have checked the DNS record of the domain which is belongs to this error and found that domain is resolving fine. You can verify the record of the domain with CheckWhois for Domain Registration Information

I have made some changes on server with mail IPs for the domain .

Also error commonly occurred with emails is related to IMAP/POP3 or the user's email client . I have checked the email service on server and it is loading fine.

exim pid 239is running...

I have tested emails for the respective account with test email account and able to send and receive emails . Please do verify once again. If problem still exists, please raise a ticket and provide us the complete headers of the email .

Comment

Originally posted by Tuks View Post
      Hello,

451 message usually derived from DNS problems.I have checked the DNS record of the domain which is belongs to this error and found that domain is resolving fine. You can verify the record of the domain with CheckWhois for Domain Registration Information

I have made some changes on server with mail IPs for the domain .

Also error commonly occurred with emails is related to IMAP/POP3 or the user's email client . I have checked the email service on server and it is loading fine.

exim pid 239is running...

I have tested emails for the respective account with test email account and able to send and receive emails . Please do verify once again. If problem still exists, please raise a ticket and provide us the complete headers of the email .
      Hello I now only appear to have one Fail which is below...

FAIL
      SMTP banner None of the banner greetings comply with SMTP specified format. Further tests will not be performed, as we cannot be sure these are in fact SMTP servers.

Is this something you can resolve? is it cause for concern?

Thanks for the help
      mrix2000

Comment

Originally posted by mrix2000 View Post

FAIL
        SMTP banner None of the banner greetings comply with SMTP specified format. Further tests will not be performed, as we cannot be sure these are in fact SMTP servers.

Thanks for the help
        mrix2000
        Hello I added a support ticket and this issue has now been resolved.
        Thanks all
        mrix2000

Comment

Originally posted by mrix2000 View Post

FAIL

Thanks for the help
          mrix2000
          This should be good now!
          Kind regards,
          Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

Working...
          X